• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dune runner arrival

bigboysrctoys

Got 2 put a tank through it tonite, little sluggish but figure thats from breakin settings, how long before I start tuning? The manual says about 4 hrs of run time before rings r seated.

G

No I just do a tank and then start to tune. Others warm it up and get right into it.

bigboysrctoys

Good! Didnt wanna wait for 4 hrs. Now low end is really slugish same w mid where should I start? No smoke coming out of it at all. Guess I should just read and search but I don't get a lot of time for that.

G

It will continue to liven up as it brakes in. About the fifth tank or so they start to come alive. A tuned pipe will give a huge performance gain also.

Deluge

bigboysrctoys said:
Got 2 put a tank through it tonite, little sluggish but figure thats from breakin settings, how long before I start tuning? The manual says about 4 hrs of run time before rings r seated.
4 hours of run time? Negative. Just do a few warm up laps and give it hell from there. I start tuning within the first tank or two.

Deluge

bigboysrctoys said:
Good! Didnt wanna wait for 4 hrs. Now low end is really slugish same w mid where should I start? No smoke coming out of it at all. Guess I should just read and search but I don't get a lot of time for that.
Tune the HSN first, then the LSN. Check the plug color while you tune. To do this, do a high speed run and kill the engine immediately, don't let it idle. Pull the plug out and check the color. Dark and wet is rich, light and dry is lean. You want to hit it right in the middle, which is a brown paper bag color. Also, when you adjust the needles, only turn them a 16th of a turn at a time. A little goes a long way with these engines.

Guantanamo Joe

An aftermarket pipe is what will wake up your low end... My dunerunner was the same way- fast as hell after 50 yards... I put an X-Can on it (not a great exhauset but cheap and a lot better than stock) and that was like putting a whole new engine on there...

G

bigboysrctoys said:
ok thanks, thinking of doing a carb also any thoughts? i don't need a speed demon (yea right) but I don't care for the take off one bit
An 8k clutch spring will help that take off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts