• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dual steering servos for Redcat rampage MT V3

carp boyz

Banned
I'm looking for a couple of new steering servos for my MT V3 and I came across these Hitecs on DDM's site,Hitec HS-805BB,they're in the parts section under the redcat rampage

on their site it says these servos work great for the 1/5 monster truck,has anyone tried these servos and how did you like them? kinda wondering just how good they are considering they're only $39.99

would have preferred getting the Hitec 5765's but the cash is a bit low at the moment

any/all advice greatly appreciated

thanks

G

It is larger physically than the 5765. It may take some modding on the receiver box side.

CyberVet65

Contributor
I purchase the 805's from DDM and there is not a real good way to make these monster servos fit. Go with the 755MG if you are going duals. Drop right in except to modify the top hole.

carp boyz

Banned
CyberVet65 said:
I purchase the 805's from DDM and there is not a real good way to make these monster servos fit. Go with the 755MG if you are going duals. Drop right in except to modify the top hole.
thanks for the info,much appreciated brotha

wonder why Daves list them as an excellent and suitable steering servo for the MT's

maybe SteveB or Daves will answer!

time to check out the 755's

G

It's because the MT originally used only one servo. It fits fine on the right side with the Redcat Futaba servo mount. A second servo was added in later versions of the MT on the battery box side.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
It's because the MT originally used only one servo. It fits fine on the right side with the Redcat Futaba servo mount. A second servo was added in later versions of the MT on the battery box side.
know I know,thanks

I've got a few HPI 5b's and SC's but this is my first Redcat Mt

I will learn in time ;)

carp boyz

Banned
CyberVet65 said:
just checked out the specs for the 755's,not a bad price but they're only pushin 200 oz @ 6 volts but then again they is 2 of them

how's the steering response with the larger tires?

carp boyz

Banned
well decided to go with the Hitec hs 755mg's,only 200oz per servo but considering there's 2 of them 400oz should suffice

one thing I'm a bit concerned about is the speed,I'm used to .14/.15 speed,these are .23 ,will the slower speed be very noticeable? and I be running a set of 5t tires on it most of the time

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I think there rated at 6v. Many of the 6v rated Hitecs do fine on 7.4v.

I personally want to try a 5805 on 7.4. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts