• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

does anyone else have a mt that does wheelies

Gas Jocky

RCDAD said:
Nice. I want to wheelie like that from take off. :D
I have or have owned just about every mainstream Large scale on the market current back two years, the only one that wheelied easily was of coarse the 5B 2wd, I have never seen a 4wd 5th scale wheelie from a standing start personally....but we can only hope lol. i did have a FG Baja 4wd that would pull one front wheel off the ground on pavement though ;)

Trip..

My XB just breaks all 4 tires loose on pavement. I couldn't imagine it getting enough grip to pull the fronts. It's funny to watch the front wheels wiggle side to side from the sloppy steering links.

G

Just need some more HP, rear paddles, sand and she will lift em. :D

Deluge

Gas Jocky said:
This is an old vid I took back in the first days of the original V-1 Redcat MT's,in my opinion they only wheelie given a bit of help cause they are a tad heavy lol. Had at the time the most powerful engines available along with numerous pipe configs. Excuse the Photobucket quality, it seems the sound track has divorced the video since this was posted. About 1:45 in you'll see it.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q211/scdoo62/rc%20collection/?action=view&current=stockcanvssprintsdom.mp4
Sweet vid!

G

Gas Jocky said:
I have or have owned just about every mainstream Large scale on the market current back two years, the only one that wheelied easily was of coarse the 5B 2wd, I have never seen a 4wd 5th scale wheelie from a standing start personally....but we can only hope lol. i did have a FG Baja 4wd that would pull one front wheel off the ground on pavement though ;)
Yeah, I think even with a 50 or a twin, the fonts pull so hard the truck would just get quicker. I guess this is a good for us. For the speed seekers wheelies are a bad thing. ;)

454chad

i have only got it to do a wheelie a few time's most of the time it just spin's the tire's i will get it on video some time haven't had much time to mess with it this summer the tire's are lighter than the stock one's to that may help it

G

Gas Jocky said:
454chad said:
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w465/454chad/GEDC0698.jpg[/img]"] GEDC0698.jpg these are the tire's i run
I still might have to get a set of the Imex's. I like those.

krashkrieg

Contributor
They do look nice all mounted up with those rims...I went back and forth with those the last wheel set I bought, they really should be my next set

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts