• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Custom MT

Stygian

Banned
Dreggsta said:
might wanna flip your fuel tank around so the fill end isn't next to your exhaust. looks good bro.that's a jetpro pipe?
It's some cheap pipe that redcat sells, I bought two of them when I first got my 1/5ths before I found these forums and other stuff and yeah I just thought about the gas tank will probably flip it around later when I tear it back down.

Stygian

Banned
Shalako said:
Nice looking truck. Any reason you have the tread reversed on the front tires?
Nope it was late last night when I put them back on and wasn't patching attention lol thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Stygian

Banned
Ok I don't feel my MT is personal enough and it needs more customization to it, anyone have any ideas on what I can do to it to make it more personal and not just a standard MT? I did buy a spare chassis to mess with and see if I can get the twin 57cc on it. I really like the Aluminum/chrome look and I feel there's just too much black/plastic took so I was thinking of painting the plastic pieces and also would like to change the color of the cover that goes over the engine, anyone know of a place that sells those in different colors also where's a cheap/good site to order the lexan bodies from, any other ideas would be great.

Stygian

Banned
Motakitty said:
You could send the plastic parts to get chromed
Where would you send them to get chromed? and couldn't they just be painted a chrome or would that just look like shit?

Stygian

Banned
Sergio said:
That is exacly what i was thinking about Just painting it.
Yeah, I'm thinking about painting them a really nice semi bright color like an Orange or Red, I think that would go really nice with the Aluminum parts plus it looks better than black, never really cared too much for black plastic, just looks cheap and crappy.

Stygian

Banned
Sergio said:
That makes two of us. Maybe theta do it in a differet way.
I don't think there is a different way, as you have to bake/cook it to seal it and melt the powder.

Motakitty

They have their own way of doing it. I saw them featured on a car show I think it was horsepower tv or gears one of those shows and they show plastic parts being chromed but ya I didn't know about the powder coating but they know what they are doing

Stygian

Banned
Motakitty said:
They have their own way of doing it. I saw them featured on a car show I think it was horsepower tv or gears one of those shows and they show plastic parts being chromed but ya I didn't know about the powder coating but they know what they are doing
Was wondering if you remember where you bought your air filter from and does it fit on the velocity stack?

Motakitty

I found the air filter on ebay but I'm gonna replace it with the dt1 one cause I don't really trust the filter I have to protect the engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts