• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Custom MT

Stygian

Banned
So I want to build a complete custom MT and I was curious would it be a bad idea to go all aluminum parts or get as much aluminum parts as possible or do I want some plastic on it, also belt drive good or bad?

rampagemt

IMHO you don't want all that aluminum as it adds weight and extra strain on the drivetrain and also is more expensive to replace. It also has no give it just bend or breaks and well those are unusable parts. If you stick to plastic its cheaper to replace and has some give before it breaks. Some parts can benefit from aluminum like shock towers chassis braces and such as those areas don't take any direct hit. It's your call tho its your custom mt. Have fun and I would like to see some finished pics

Stygian

Banned
Appreciate the feed bad, I would like to have the plastic pieces hidden as much as possible. I'm thinking about doing suspension, shocks roll cage chassis (if I can find one), servo mount, radio tray stuff like that in aluminum and maybe the parts for the tires in plastic as those are cheap parts and would rather have those break.

Stygian

Banned
These are the parts I have ordered for it already.

050032 Aluminum Fuel Cap

050002 Aluminum Rear Lower Suspension Arm

050001 Aluminum Front Lower Suspension Arm

050013 Aluminum Rear upper suspension arm

050012 Aluminum Front upper suspension arm

050020 Aluminum Rear Shock 2pcs

0500019 Aluminum Front Shock 2pcs

050008b Front Brace Aluminum

050018B Blue Aluminum Roll Cage

CY/HY Replacement Clutch with 8K Spring

990 Carb

Hitec 645 Throttle/Brake Servo.

Stygian

Banned
More or less haven't decided on what type of pipe yet there is just so many to choose from that look good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

G

A mid-bleed. The side mount Jetpro or Dominator both give awesome low to mid improvements.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
A mid-bleed. The side mount Jetpro or Dominator both give awesome low to mid improvements.
Yeah I was looking at the jet pro looks nice and beefy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Stygian

Banned
A little update, I got most of the front end put back together here's a pic. All I'm waiting on is the aluminum parts to arrive which should be here by slow ass UPS then I can put the front lower suspension on and that will be all set to go.

Stygian

Banned
Well got most of the truck put back together and got the killer bee installed along with the new clutch and spring, also put in a new spark plug. Tomorrow evening the rest of the parts should be in and hopefully the truck will be ready to fire up Tuesday or Wednesday

Stygian

Banned
Just wanted to post a few pics. The blue parts are the ones I didn't deanodize cause I'm still thinking about upgrading them too. If any one has any recommendations on other upgrades please do share. I'm thinking about powder coating the roll cage and chassis Red or a cool Yellow not sure yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts