• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CPI or Jetpro

REVOlutionary Rampage

Hi guys I have been looking at the CPI and the Jetpro tuned pipes for my MT. One of which I am going to buy in the near future. Just as long as there are no unexpected surprises in my finances that would delay that. I have already decided that I'd like a rear mount pipe, the quieter the better because where I live I have plenty of room but there is a bit of an echoing effect. Plus, my neighbors are fairly close so I would rather not get on someones bad side. How much louder is the jetpro with the silencer, and the CPI than stock which is what I have now. The prices arent terribly different, But I'd like the most bang for the buck. Thanks

DustyR3825

Banned
I run a JetPro on my XB. Not quite sure about the silencer due to the fact I have never heard one. As far as sound comparison I am also unsure because I haven't heard a CPI Pipe. I am the only one around my area with a 5th scale. LMAO. I chose JetPro due to the fact of being AMERICAN MADE, and a lifetime warranty. Just my Two Cents! Good Luck....

Keith81

I run the jetpro side mount on my MT and I love it, yes its loud but it does come with the silencer which I have never used... I'd go with the jetpro, like dusty said, its american made, looks sick, performs extremely well, etc...

REVOlutionary Rampage

Thanks guys for the help.I'm leaning towards the Jetpro more because you can silence it somewhat which is a nice feature. my next questions is does the Jetpro come with everything to mount it or am I going to have to buy more stuff? and how much does the silencer quiet the pipe? is it comparable to what a stock Rampage sounds like or louder? Thanks again

DustyR3825

Banned
The JetPro comes with everything to mount in your Vehicle. At least on mine it did. I think that the pipe is louder than stock for sure. Here is a link to JetPro's website. Not only made in the USA, Lifetime Warranty plus call and talk with the Owner "Dino" on the phone. Maybe you can find a vid on YouTube for a sample vid of the pipe with a silencer.....

Http://www.JetPro.com

REVOlutionary Rampage

I just sent an e-mail to Dino to just answer a few questions I had. I'm not looking to buy right off. Just crossing the t's and dotting the i's. The old bank acct needs a bit more money before I buy anything else. :D thanks for all the help.

hobie

did you ever consider " tgn" side mount pipe centre bleed ??

looks a nice pipe,heard it goes pretty well also.

just a thought mate

cheers

REVOlutionary Rampage

hobie said:
did you ever consider " tgn" side mount pipe centre bleed ??looks a nice pipe,heard it goes pretty well also.

just a thought mate

cheers
I'll have to look that up. I have looked at the dominators,etc... but I'm not a big fan of having it hanging off the side of my truck. being fully exposed to rocks which are plentiful in Maine.plus hopefully I wont have to trim as much of the body to fit the rear mount. Thanks for the input though.

James1996

I am also tossing between jetpro and cpi I am heading towards cpi is it doesn't stick out the side and better performance keep me up to date

Ronk

I own an MT and my son has an xb . We both have CPI pipes . The Pipes made a HUGE difference in performance . I was told that the jet pro pipe has more low end & the CPI pipe has a more linear power band . I looked on u tube and watched alot of videos to see and hear the pipes . I think the jet pro is heavier & if you do a lot of jumps I don't know if the truck would tend to lean - I am happy with the CPI pipe - it's also not too loud - good luck!

Remus.

Doesn't rear exit pipes have only low down torque? I'm also looking at pipes, they say the jetpro is better, cos you can decide for yourself when the powerband kicks in, but I would like the tgn x-can!

rob64n

Contributor
Remus. said:
Doesn't rear exit pipes have only low down torque? I'm also looking at pipes, they say the jetpro is better, cos you can decide for yourself when the powerband kicks in, but I would like the tgn x-can!
Jetpro rears are awesome for topend.

REVOlutionary Rampage

Remus. said:
I've heard that about Jetpro too mostly from this forum. I would go with a side mount but I don't necessarily want to run the risk of clipping a rock and messing up the pipe or the head of the motor. Good luck on your pipe search.

Keith81

I love my jetpro, the sound, the overall power increase... yea!

bajadave

I have a rear mount jetpro on my my it is a great pipe but way to loud for me. I will be selling it shortly to order a cpi pipe I like how they sound

DeadeyeCroy

jetpro exhaust

Will the jetpro rear exhaust xt/xb mount up on my mt

Jus0NE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts