• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

compatible steering servos?

mulepic

mulepic

The savox 0235 showed up today. Much to my surprise the spline shaft is much smaller than the DR servo. It appears to be the size of a standard servo shaft. Not-awe inspiring to say the least.

I also order this turnigy 1270hv servo as a backup that appears to have great numbers: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=30912 It's numbers are nearly identical to the savox 0236. It has a spline output identical to the stock DR servo so it directly bolts to the stock servo arm.

The downside w/ both of these servos is that the 4 mounting holes are not the same. The savox and turnigy have a narrower mounting pattern, so I can only mount the servos w/ 2 screws until I come up w/ a plan.

G

HK version is very inexpensive. I'm curious to hear how it performs.

mulepic

I agree, I was ordering a new set of batteries and thought I'd grab it as a back up. I wish I had a way of testing it see how well it compares to its actual rating.

mulepic

The savox is turning out to be a pita to mount. I'm sure I measured everything before I bought it but it's much too big for the stock mount. I need to redrill the holes in the chassis and make a new plate (or adapter) for the brake servo. In both cases the servo arm is definitely the weak link w/ all the flexing it does.

G

mulepic said:
I agree, I was ordering a new set of batteries and thought I'd grab it as a back up. I wish I had a way of testing it see how well it compares to its actual rating.
Give it a good flogging this weekend. Only time will tell. What voltage are you going to push through them?

mulepic

I'm still running the stock nimh pack, I haven't come up w/ a 2s solution yet.

I also created an aluminum adapter for the servo arm. I discovered if you can put the ball (of the ball joint) more inline w/ the servo arm that it doesn't twist and flex nearly as much. So this adapter offsets the ball end some. I need to get a picture put up of the savox and this adapter.

G

Awe shucks.. I'm curious to see how that HK would do on a 2s pack. :D

mulepic

Here is the a savox mounted up. You can see I had to expand the brake servo plate for the larger servo. You can also see the servo arm plate the offsets the pivot ball to put it more inline w/ the arm.

G

That's a bit big for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts