• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

compatible steering servos?

mulepic

What are they? Mine seems to be getting weaker and has a hard time holding the wheels at full lock when on the throttle. Unless it's something else, it sounds like I could use a servo upgrade?

G

I use the Hitec 5755 for the 6v packs, and the Hitec 5765 for my 7.4v packs. I prefer the 5765 on the 7.4v lipo. Night and day difference.

mulepic

Does the stock DR servo horn fit on the 5755 and 5765? Are all 1/5 horns the same spline unlike 1/10 nonsense?

G

No, they are different splines. The Hitecs come with a bag of horns and if you order it from DDM, they give a free aluminum horn with the purchase.

G

I run this lipo pack. 7.4v

-

cherryride

i just ordered the 5755 cuz i thought it was the best 1 from hitec. now i see theres a better 1 out . =(

it's already shipped too....

G

cherryride said:
That wont fit in my MT battery box ! :(
There are some smaller 7.4 lipo receiver packs that will but they are more money and have a lower mah rating.

G

cherryride said:
yes ....but a lipo is over 4 volts per cell charged depending on what type it is.
Yes correct, that pack fully charged reads over 8v on the meter.

G

cherryride said:
i just ordered the 5755 cuz i thought it was the best 1 from hitec. now i see theres a better 1 out . =(it's already shipped too....
The 5755 is a good servo. It's recommended for the 6.6 packs. The 5765 wound not perform any better on just 6.6v.

mulepic

So I went in the garage and hooked 7.4v up to the stock servo. That latest all of 30 seconds. It was a good 30 seconds though. I like the hi tec but I'm thinking of going for the savox: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100_2159_2162/products_id/232354/n/Savox-SV-0236MG-Super-Torque-Steel-Gear-Digital-1-5-Scale-Servo-High-Voltage

I know the savox are pigs but the e-dune runner has no shortage of voltage/current. But since I'm running 12s (50v) I don't really have a good way of powering the savox.

G

They may be hungry but they got some serious power.

mulepic

I just read I can run my futaba receiver w/ a 7.4v lipo. So I'm thinking of tapping into one of the 6s lipos w/ a 2s tap. I'll use this to power the receiver and servo. This will remove the existing nimh pack and save some weight and less to worry about. At least that is what I'm thinking now.

G

Yep, I run both the Futaba and the FlySky on the higher voltage with no issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts