• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CN 35cc Engine Pics

DemonRC

FS makes all their money selling Scooters, GoPeds, and Pocketbikes through Walmart and that motor is what they use in some of the smaller stuff. Check some of the GoPed forums for more info. The only thing I've heard bad is the carb and bearings are cheap, however, those can easily be replaced with our good stuff.

jtakeman

Obeast44 said:
Thats the same motor but I got it from Scott @ Zerogravityrc . I don't think he has anymore though, but you can try Emailing him through his website.
No go there either. :( :mad:

catchaser said:
FS makes all their money selling Scooters, GoPeds, and Pocketbikes through Walmart and that motor is what they use in some of the smaller stuff. Check some of the GoPed forums for more info. The only thing I've heard bad is the carb and bearings are cheap, however, those can easily be replaced with our good stuff.
I'll give that a shot. :)

Anyone hear of anything even bigger??? :cool:

Obeast44

Banned
Well ya, theres a 62 conversion for the 5b/t. Im sure you could make it work on a Rampage with modification, but you better have a fat wallet. :D

looker2756

Contributor
Looking forward to having one of these to mess with myself. You never know how it will be stock / or if someone messes with it a bit. The 62cc is Way cool, but extremely over powered & WAY expensive for the average guy.

looker2756

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Thats the same motor but I got it from Scott @ Zerogravityrc . I don't think he has anymore though, but you can try Emailing him through his website.
I want to get a closer look at this beast for sure.

Ron E said:
so far only 1.5 tanks at a nice tune after break in, it does rip but i'll know for sure after oct 16th when i get to play with it at largescalerc's tracks. it doesn't seem crazy fast off the bottom now because of the tall 31/29 gearing and stock clutch spring, both of wich can change if needed, we'll see, :D
We might reverse your gears for the track. Don't need killer top speed on it. Want all the torque you can get. ;)

jtakeman

Obeast44 said:
Well ya, theres a 62 conversion for the 5b/t. Im sure you could make it work on a Rampage with modification, but you better have a fat wallet. :D
I was thinking of the more affordable zen GP460. But I hear its massive size limits what it can fit into. I will go the 35cc route for now. But will keep an eye out for a used/junk GP460. I have machinist skills and a bridgeport/lathe available to tinker.

If anyone has a print of the GP460? It might help.

Ron E

Contributor
looker2756 said:
I want to get a closer look at this beast for sure.
We might reverse your gears for the track. Don't need killer top speed on it. Want all the torque you can get. ;)
sounds good bob, I was thinking the same thing, 29/31 will help it off the bottom and it def doesn't need the top end... 29/31 will put it back to stock tt gearing.

grf

well my servos (for my cnc conversion) just arrived so soon i will be ordering one of these motors for sure.

Ron E

Contributor
grf said:
how does the engine go?
is performance as big as the engine?
OK, NOW IT RIPS... :D

gearing is back to stock tt, 29/31 and she's tuned well, very happy with the power. i may put my 813 carb, 8k clutch spring and the thinner base gasket on just to see what she has then... :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts