• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CN 35cc Engine Pics

Obeast44

Banned
Ok, heres the lowdown. I was reading a few threads on HBF and RCU about this supposed 35cc engine. Turns out its a true 35cc, with the possibility of being up to 38cc! Yes I know chinese clone yadda yadda yaddda. But bear with me, because this motor has potential. Before I explain everything I must thank JariV on HBF, I borrowed his engine breakdown pics, as mine its on its way to a certain engine builder.

The motor has a 4-bolt head, 40mm bore and a 28mm stroke. Now get what I mean when I said it had potential? A 1mm stroker crank would put displacement at about 36.5cc, a 2mm stroker would yield almost 38cc! The plans are simple, replace all the bearings with Zen or CY ones, wherever they can be replaced. Add a 2mm stuffed stroker crank, if it will fit. The jug will get a port, polish, and machining of the cylinder for the 2mm stroker crank. The cylinder plating, if it proves to be suspect can be easily taken care of by my uncle at no charge. The main difference I see that will need to be addressed is the exhaust outlet opening is a fair bit wider than your standard Zen/CY engine. Thats a simple fix. Also keep in mind this is just an experiment, and will be my basher motor. On with the pics!

CN35cc1.jpg

Heres a side by side comparison of a CY motor.

CN35cc3.jpg

Heres a shot comparing the heads.

CN35cc6.jpg

Attachments

• CN35cc1.jpg
    CN35cc1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 0
  • CN35cc3.jpg
    CN35cc3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CN35cc6.jpg
    CN35cc6.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Heres a shot of the inside of the jugs, look at the size of those stock ports! The jug on the right is 36mm ported.

CN35cc4.jpg

Heres a shot showing the crankcase, notice the 4 bolt head design.

CN35cc8.jpg

And the exhaust opening size difference.

CN35cc5.jpg

Piston comparison shot vs a 32mm piston.

CN35cc9.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
Ya, Im still a firm believer in the saying "Theres no replacement for displacement"

If it performs as well as a ported 30.5, I will honestly be happy. I got too good of a deal on the motor, and theres too much potential there to pass it up :D

Martin

Is the crankcase the same bolt pattern dimmension than 4-bolt Zenoah cases?

If anything goes wrong with the cylinder, you can replace it by the new zen 36mm 4 bolt.

Obeast44

Banned
If the jug goes bad, I will do 1 of 3 things. Replace it with a stock unit, Sleeve it, or find an alternative jug to use. Im pretty sure a standard 4 bolt zen jug wont work. The bolt pattern seems to be alot larger, I could be wrong though.

There are several other jugs im looking at that should work on this engine. Once I get some firm measurements I will know for sure. I wont have this motor for at least 2 more weeks. The guys working on it need some time to figure out all the port timings etc etc.

I plan on buying a Zen 4 bolt 30.5, once they start selling the complete full mod motors. Unless they are insanely expensive :)

Obeast44

Banned
slhawkins said:
are you trying to compensate for somthing?
Hahaha you ba$tard, amubushing me on RRF! Paybacks are a B!tch ya know. Even on Christmas! Just think next time we race, with this motor i will lap you 3-4 times instead of just twice!

and its spelled "somEthing" FYI

Obeast44

Banned
Its still at the engine builder, I told them to take their time with it. Considering its the holidays,and theyve never worked on one of these before, Im also waiting on full mod Zen 4 bolt longblocks to be available before they ship it back to me. Kill 2 birds with one stone :)

don't worry bout SLHawkins, hes a little sore about all the Rampage whippings ive been puttin on him :D

Although hes improved his odds significantly with that DS/Sikk 26cc motor.

Obeast44

Banned
No,I will tell ya in a PM.Its the first time they have tried modding this engine, and I don't want to take a chance on tarnishing the builder's reputation if this motor sucks, grenades on the first run or just flatout doesn't live up to my expectations.

Obeast44

Banned
Id like to go the longblock route with the 30.5 Zen.But, I don't have a spare carb, or clutch housing. So I might end up buying a complete motor for the heck of it.

Obeast44

Banned
Yes I know, I didnt pay near that for one from ZerogravityRC. I got the last one he had. Im hoping to have about that much in the engine after all the port work :)

Obeast44

Banned
I told the engine builder to take there time working on it, he let me know that they were going to start machining on it this week. Hes been taking measurements, checking fitment/compatibility with Zen parts, and things like that. Theyve never done one of these motors before, I definitely want them to take it slow. Besides, I don't want that engine to interfere with the work they are doing on the Zenoah 4-bolt 30.5cc motors.Trust me, this thread will have an update, almost as fast as I do. Im waiting on Moo to get me a set of Mootilizer Cups ready, just for this engine. If they can hold up to this....They should be fine for anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts