• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CN 35cc Engine Pics

Obeast44

Banned
Just got confirmation from Sean at OBR that the engine is completed and will be shipped out to me. I expect HUGE torque from this motor, even more than from my Zenoah 4 Bolt Full Mod 30.5cc. Quite honestly I am afraid of the power this thing will make. I can barely control the 30.5 let alone adding 4.5cc to the equation. So much so that Im thinking of selling it.If someone is remotely interested in it I can let it go for ALOT less than what I have in it. I have enough bills as it is. I don't need to be adding driveline parts to the mix :D

max 1

biger the beter i say.that thing whould be nice in the mt.

Ron E

Contributor
jtakeman said:
Wow, 35cc is something to think about!
Will the stock pieces handle the extra torgue?
not just 35cc but a obr full mod motor.

mostly stock, metal gears and v1 diffs with the upgrade kit gears & 50k fluid f & r, moo modded diff cups and mcd axles... it's geared tall at 31/29 and the stock clutch spring to keep the load down on the driveline on take off. it's holding up well but doesn't get to abused. looking to get some track time in oct at largescalerc if it works out, otherwise i'll keep playing at the disc golf course / soccer field.

here she is in the buggy, just ran a 1/2 tank thru it yesterday.

2010065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
I'd love to see that gargantua running...Hopefully we both make it to June LargeScale Weekend next year...

Ever get a close up all mounted in? Any video of her running?

Ron E

Contributor
krashkrieg said:
I'd love to see that gargantua running...Hopefully we both make it to June LargeScale Weekend next year...
Ever get a close up all mounted in? Any video of her running?
I was at largescalerc's powerjam in june, it was awesome. I'll take some better pic's tonight and try to get them posted. I wish I had some video, maybe in oct at largescalerc if it works out we can get some video. sometimes I just go out and fire it up and this happens = :D

Ron E

Contributor
went out and took a few closer pics, then fired her up and played a few minutes... shes running great, large 4 wheel sand and grass roost... then used the air hose and paint brushes to clean her up. it's a fun rc for sure, she'll always be one of my favorites and i'll never get rid of it.

35ccttpics005.jpg

35ccttpics006.jpg

35ccttpics007.jpg

35ccttpics008.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
krashkrieg said:
That's looking awesome...I'm pretty sure I'll make it in June to see it run...
cool, it looks like i'll be going oct 16th for a track day at largescalerc. I can't wait to play on the track and hang out for a bit, that place is cooooool. :D

jtakeman

Sure tease me with "em"! :D

I emailed OBR and they act like they no nothing about the 35cc mill. All they would say is maybe its a CN motor? :confused:

I want one! PM me info if you can. Stock would be fine. I'll have to save for a moded mill.

TIA :cool:

Obeast44

Banned
Thats the same motor but I got it from Scott @ Zerogravityrc . I don't think he has anymore though, but you can try Emailing him through his website.

Ron E

Contributor
grf said:
how does the engine go?
is performance as big as the engine?
so far only 1.5 tanks at a nice tune after break in, it does rip but i'll know for sure after oct 16th when i get to play with it at largescalerc's tracks. it doesn't seem crazy fast off the bottom now because of the tall 31/29 gearing and stock clutch spring, both of wich can change if needed, we'll see, :D

jtakeman

Obeast44 said:
Thats the same motor but I got it from Scott @ Zerogravityrc . I don't think he has anymore though, but you can try Emailing him through his website.
Thanks, I will give him a shout!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts