• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis??

Obeast44

Banned
xCrittersx said:
Obeast44 what i would like to know is where did you get that front bumper. Would that work on the XSC?
I wish that was my chassis I was holding. Unfortunately its not :(

Hopefully I will have one soon!

But RCdad is 100% correct thats a T-bone bumper.

Ol' fart

Chassis

The New Chassis will be on the website next week. The price is $165.00

The only modification will be to the rear plate behind the diff housing. I will add 1/2" of stock to provide an area to mount your exhaust pipe/ bumper/ whatever. Since the rear plate is removable you can call me and get one custom made for your setup. Replacement plates will be avalible if you somehow bend one. Just for the record the small front and rear diff mounting plates are 7075 aluminum, the chassis is 6061 T6/ hard black anodizing. It will take a couple of weeks to fill any orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Is this the XB chassis?

G

I'll definitely will be getting one. I'm liking the removable front and rear sections.

How is the weight compared to the stock chassis?

rob64n

Contributor
Ol said:
The New Chassis will be on the website next week. The price is $165.00The only modification will be to the rear plate behind the diff housing. I will add 1/2" of stock to provide an area to mount your exhaust pipe/ bumper/ whatever. Since the rear plate is removable you can call me and get one custom made for your setup. Replacement plates will be avalible if you somehow bend one. Just for the record the small front and rear diff mounting plates are 7075 aluminum, the chassis is 6061 T6/ hard black anodizing. It will take a couple of weeks to fill any orders.
Sorry didn't get back sooner, but I measured the back of chassis and the half inch will be plenty extra for pipe and or what not acc

rob64n

Contributor
as for update on the new 7075rc chassis I have been worrking alot of hours at my job, but I have progress with the build everything is together and running but I had to make four spacers to put between the wheels bearings so I could tighten the wheels without stressing the bearings. Now I have an extremely freed up XT that rolls like glass thanks to the 7075rc diff cases and rear uprights, also the C-hubs and steerings knuckles, gonna have to call it the Dominatrix...........

rob64n

Contributor
I will try to get it down to our local track where do my test beating, they raced the last two weekends and they don't like me running the 1/5 scales on their track so I wait till they are gone. Then it's fair game, lol

Obeast44

Banned
rob64n said:
I had to make four spacers to put between the wheels bearings so I could tighten the wheels without stressing the bearings.
I will take four of those spacers and ones for the gearplate too! :D

Ol' fart

RCDAD said:
I'll definitely will be getting one. I'm liking the removable front and rear sections. How is the weight compared to the stock chassis?
The stock one is 82.8 grames. This one is a few grams less. I don't have an assembled one but the main chassis is 58.6

WAY

Ol fart, can I understand the rationale behind splitting the chassis into 3 parts? Wouldn't one piece be stronger? Especially if made with 7075 aluminium? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm no structural engineer so wouldn't know better. But it just seems like common sense to me.

krashkrieg

Contributor
WAY said:
Ol fart, can I understand the rationale behind splitting the chassis into 3 parts? Wouldn't one piece be stronger? Especially if made with 7075 aluminium? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm no structural engineer so wouldn't know better. But it just seems like common sense to me.
One piece is not always stronger, the strongest part of two piece of rope is where the knot is, or two steel I beams, strongest part is where they are bracketed together. don't always trust common sense... :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts