• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis??

G

Hey Ol' fart, what do you think of a lighter but stronger chassis? I know you can get a MCD chassis made from 7075. I think a ridged 7075 chassis would also help with dif issues caused by chassis flex. I know it would not be cheap, but it would be awesome.

DUFFY

A dual deck chassis or a top plate that connects the front and back would be nice. Do away with the back plate and give us one big piece for the top. It would be eye candy at least.

G

Still say someone should make a plastic chassis. The Baja has one, and it looks tough.
It could work. The side guards could be incorporated into the chassis for rigidity.

BertR

So .. in the pics from power jam I see a nice shiny chassis ??? anybody else want to chime in on the visual

G

Saw it firsthand Ol'Fart, it looks absolutely bada$$. I tried stealing it from Rob at least a dozen times......every damn time they caught me!!!!!!!
I'd be doing the same if I was there. LOL

Ol' fart

Obeast44 said:
Saw it firsthand Ol'Fart, it looks absolutely bada$$. I tried stealing it from Rob at least a dozen times......every damn time they caught me!!!!!!!
Thanks. I don't think there will be any problems in testing but am going to wait before I run a batch on them for sale.

I have to stop on prototype work right now because I'm running out of parts and the orders are coming in pretty good these days.

Bell cranks are next up when I get back to it.

Obeast44

Banned
Chassis...what chassis? oh wait you mean this one?!?!

_MG_0652.jpg

_MG_0651.jpg

It was VERY nice, that is all I can say at this point in time. :D

EDIT: Also I spoke to a rep from FLM (Fast Lane Machine) while we were in the prize lines. I was talking to him about a few things and I mentioned the Redcat X series and if he would be willing to make CVDs/Dogbones for them....Guess what...he said Y E S! I am supposed to contact him in the coming weeks to determine what all can/will be made.

Now, I ask you to imagine a car with all of 7075s RCs parts, and bulletproof forever warrantied driveline components. Sounds like a sweet ass rig don't it? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Sounds awesome!

Knuckles

I was thinking about asking them about making dog bones for the x series considering they are making me a custom set of them for my savage flux. I have been waiting for my dog bones for about three months now and really have not got any idea when they will be done. I guess they are busy. I am sure we can get them made faster if everyone is on board to buy them, I had to order a minimum of 8 dog bones for them to run the order. I have them in all my vehicles and have. It broke or bent one yet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts