• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

can you use a lipo w/stock xt setup

Racerx

Basically can you use a 6.0v lipo with the xt stock radio gear and exactly where does the included failsafe plug into and what is its function

jeffp83

Assuming your using a 2 cell lipo, the batteries voltage would be 7.4V nominal, not 6.0V. A fully charged 2 cell would be around 8.4V, you may risk damaging the stock servos and receiver by running that high of a voltage. You could run a lipo if you used a voltage regulator to step it down to 6V.

Fail-safe plugs in between your throttle servo and the receiver. It's designed to move the throttle servo back to the idle position so your truck does not run away on you if your receiver loses signal or voltage on the battery goes too low.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggerman77

Contributor
The stock fail safe is trash !!!!! i found out the hard way !! get a killer B IF battery goes dead with that fail safe it sticks wide open not off !!!!!!!!

jeffp83

Triggerman77 said:
The stock fail safe is trash !!!!! i found out the hard way !! get a killer B IF battery goes dead with that fail safe it sticks wide open not off !!!!!!!!
Have to agree here, a kill switch such as the killer bee should be the first thing you put on even before running. I had issues with my redcat fail-safe as well, it was doing the same thing as Triggerman's.

jeffp83

Heavy Chevy said:
so a little 2cell 800mah lipo would be ok right?
Would probably work but i'd opt for a bigger pack for longer run times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts