• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

BIG Build pt1 - Rampage MT Brushless Conversion

MWhite

Let see it run

[ame]

[/ame]

tha nemesis

im doing the beast combo with my mt but whites mt is sick .. wtg .. im currently talking to kershaw and pre ordering my kit .. he said about 3 more weeks before he gets more kits in .. was there any issues putting in the kit ..ohh and to rc dad .. he just got a 4x4 to do a wheelie .. xd

tha nemesis

i see that ..wow .. it had so much torque .. it looked like a over sized hpi flux hp .. it easily did a flip over and could possibly do a stand still backflip ... im waiting to get the drawings back from my local metal stop .. my new chassis will be 8 inches longer and 6 inches wider .. i plan on putting a 5t body on it with the truggy look .. all arms extended and every thing done on a lazer cad machine .. i just need to drill a few holes and tap threads ... all i can say is your going to inspire alot of us people with redcat mt,tt's and soon dunerunners from what you have done .. wtg white on a awesome build

MWhite

@the nemesis it wasn't a bad install a few tough spots but if you have any basic mechanical knowledge it is easy. Also thanks everyone I am glad you liked it the build was fun and the truck is awesome. More bash videos coming soon

MWhite

MNRampage said:
Wow,that is awesome ! I found the kershaw kit,what else is needed ? I see they offer mtr/esc combos,anyone work with the mt ?
Nothing else is needed but the motor system and Yes the Toro system and the Castle system are the ones I recommend

Knuckles

Great build!! I can't wait to get the rest of my parts to complete my xte build. Although I won't have the nice video to go along with it. Lol

flarcer

I love this build. I too have an MT build underway. I am short one item that I see Kershaw has in his kit.......a 62 tooth spur gear. Is this spur gear available separate from the kit? What size pinion gear do you run? What is the weight after the conversion with the 8s packs?

Last edited by a moderator:

MWhite

flarcer said:
I love this build. I too have an MT build underway. I am short one item that I see Kershaw has in his kit.......a 62 tooth spur gear. Is this spur gear available separate from the kit? What size pinion gear do you run? What is the weight after the conversion with the 8s packs?
I am not sure if he sells the spur gear separate do you can email him at [email protected]. I am running a 13t Pinion and I think the weight is 30lbs but I need to re-weight it then I will repost that info

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts