• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best OBR engine for the Redcat Chimera?

phreerider

Anything OBR is pretty good, 4 bolt prostock is a serious bench mark.. power is well matched for weight and application. i always go back to this motor and never a disappointment. MT gear plate or 7075rc makes for a solid choice with a mountain of time on this combo and the only real complaint comes from the screaming tires

talunceford

Nice. Yeah I ordered the 7075rc plate. Gonna go for the full mod 7.5hp or the 8.2hp reed motor. Have you had any issues with the gears once you went to the solid plate?

ROCKHEART

Plastic gear plate still.not got round to ordering the metal one. In the vid was running 35 25 25 25 gearing.when I spoke to obr a few months back they told me the biggest motor they have to drop in the rampage is a g340 full mod reed case.

1RC5

ROCKHEART said:
Recently put an obr g340 in my rampage mt. Best decision I ever made lol
Did you install the G340 Full Mod or the Reed Case engine? How long have you have it and how is the drive train holding up?

talunceford

So, Sean came back and said that with the upgraded drivetrain, it will definitely handle the power of the G340 series of motors. Looking at the reed case. Does anyone make an aluminum diff case? Not the diff housing, but the case itself. The pumpkin as full scale racers call it. I'd like to get rid of the plastic one and go full aluminum if I could. I might have to contract that out to get produced. I've got access to CNC mills and people that could produce them. That is a possibility, but need to see if there is an after market diff readily available first.

ROCKHEART

Mines the 340 full mod. Not had it in the car long so can't comment on the drive train though on the last tank I lost a pin off a rear dog bone.

talunceford

Ordered the G340rc full mod reed case. Upgrading all of the drivetrain at the moment to the aluminum carriers. Once that is done, I will start the assembly process. Have the 7075rc layshaft support installed, and the aluminum center spool supports on their way. The next order of business will be upgrading the suspension arms. I do have a question, I am assuming you have the chimera correct? Are you running the jetpro pipe for the chimera with your OBR? I've almost considered calling Bartolone to see if they can custom make a pipe for the Chimera. I know the jetpro is a great pipe, but I will have to see how the engine performs after I get it installed and see if it gets the full performance out of the engine. We shall see.

Ice_2k

ROCKHEART said:
Mines the 340 full mod. Not had it in the car long so can't comment on the drive train though on the last tank I lost a pin off a rear dog bone.
Is this the one you have?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts