• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filter Upgrade Suggestions

G

You can rotate it a bit to clear the servo linkage. I have about 1/8" clearance.

-

G

I also reused the stock air filter bolts. Did you use longer bolts to compensate for the height of the stack?
I used my stock bolts. No problems yet.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
I used my stock bolts. No problems yet.
I can't find my micrometer... would you happen to know the length of the stock carb bolts? M5x50 perhaps? I noticed one bolt didn't take much threading to tighten, hence my concern.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
You can rotate it a bit to clear the servo linkage. I have about 1/8" clearance.
I rotated it like yours... a bit better although the tip of the servo horn still makes contact with the filter. It also appears from your photo that you're running the throttle linkage through the inner-most hole on the arm? My linkage isn't binding or contacting the filter; just trying to prevent the horn from wearing out the foam through repeated contact.

G

amstel78 said:
I rotated it like yours... a bit better although the tip of the servo horn still makes contact with the filter. It also appears from your photo that you're running the throttle linkage through the inner-most hole on the arm? My linkage isn't binding or contacting the filter; just trying to prevent the horn from wearing out the foam through repeated contact.
Your arm does look a little larger. The arm on mine is the 4 sided x arm with two of the sides cut off, if that makes sense. It came with the servo. I broke my two way arm drilling it out.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
Your arm does look a little larger. The arm on mine is the 4 sided x arm with two of the sides cut off, if that makes sense. It came with the servo. I broke my two way arm drilling it out.
Makes perfect sense. I'll see if I have a smaller arm somewhere in my parts box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts