• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filter Upgrade Suggestions

G

Both. Hit the body and servo.

rampage idiot

I run the 3stage DT1 like RCDAD I really like it does not get in the way of anything and have never got any dirt past it plus outerwears makes a prefilter for it now

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Both. Hit the body and servo.
Dam Rcdad! Why you have to tell us the truth! I can't take the truth!! JK :D I was hoping to use this filter :p :D Thanks for clarifying it, bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It's over 4" in diameter without a prefilter.

G

Just to put it into perspective that like a half used role of masking tape in front of the carb. LOL

ChuenouXiao

Only if it would fit perfectly.... going to save a bit of money to buy the small uni filter with the short v stack. Will post pic once I received and install it :D

G

Don't you like the DT1? IMO, it's the perfect filter for the XB.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Even if I cut the front windshield completely off?
With no windshield the HPI filter works. I don't like to cut them out of the buggy bodies. For me it's not a good look. Just say'n. If I can avoid cutting out for something I do. :)

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
With no windshield the HPI filter works. I don't like to cut them out of the buggy bodies. For me it's not a good look. Just say'n. If I can avoid cutting out for something I do. :)
I would get the HPI filter if I don't have to mod the linkage but it doesn't look that way :( Looks like the uni filter that I show should work.... we'll see guys :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I would get the HPI filter if I don't have to mod the linkage but it doesn't look that way :( Looks like the uni filter that I show should work.... we'll see guys :D
You can get it to work! Let us know how it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts