• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filter Upgrade Suggestions

Deluge

Looks good to me. Fine for how you run. They make pre-filters for it, so you can always add extra protection if you feel it's needed.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Looks good to me. Fine for how you run. They make pre-filters for it, so you can always add extra protection if you feel it's needed.
Yea...will add more protection if needed but no flaw regarding design? :D

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Nope. None that I can see. Just keep it clean and it'll be fine.
Your thoughts on the smaller diameter on the filter comparing to the slightly larger diamter uni filter? Will it limit air flow? :D Is it going to change my engine's performance or effect my tune? The bigger the opening of the filter... the better the engine runs?

Deluge

Obviously, the bigger filter will flow better than the shorty. But the shorty will flow better than the stock filter. It might effect your tune slightly, as with any change you make to the engine.

G

They are just a single element filter that's not very large. But like Deluge stated, you can add a prefilter. However, that will make it larger again. With the areas you have said you primarily run, that filter will be fine.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
For the XB I run the DT1. http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8283/.fIt's a great filter clears the servos and you don't have to hack up the body.

-

Is there a flange adapter that the DT1 clamps to?

I also like your buggy. Lots of bling! Where did you get the wheels from?

G

Yes bolts right up. It does make that corner bolt a little more accessible. I don't open mine up unless absolutely necessary. I ran a charge lead out side my box to charge the RX battery. Some don't recomend it, but its what I've always done. :)

G

Yeah, I only run those in the grass. I've got a couple other sets for the dirt.

xscrick

Banned
xsc setup

gonna be running a ada intake,, a walbro 990 ,,once giz motors gets them back in stock,,, a ddm 1 inch velocity stack, and a unifilter angled 2 stage filter,, filter was like 18 bucks,, and outerwears makea a prefilter for 13 bucks,,, filter is 3.75x4 inches,,, minus the prefilter,, will stick up some,, that why i got the angled one,, keep it up off the electrics.. and im gonna be using maxima fft,, foam filter treatment and a can of there air filter cleaner too,,,

G

Those do stay above the servo linkage but the buggy body has to be cut to fit over it.

BertR

I have a question about the dt1. What is the white one. 1,2,or 3 layer Iorderd a duel flow and got a white one that said dual on the package. Just wondering if it was rite. Lol

G

I believe the white is the dual. Yellow inside, then white, then black if you have the triple.

BertR

Ok cool.. the adds for them show 2 dark colors and a white in the image so i just wanted to make sure it was all good. Thanks a bunch

amstel78

RCDAD said:
Yes bolts right up. It does make that corner bolt a little more accessible. I don't open mine up unless absolutely necessary. I ran a charge lead out side my box to charge the RX battery. Some don't recomend it, but its what I've always done. :)
Does the DT1 filter come with its own band clamp or must I get one separately. If it's the latter, what size?

Just to let you know, I ordered the DT1 triple flow, velocity stack, and stack gasket from DDM today.

amstel78

Got my stack and DT1 today. Was wondering if the way I have it is fine. This is the only way I can position the filter that will allow the body to come down. The throttle servo horn does rub against the side of the filter though.

I also reused the stock air filter bolts. Did you use longer bolts to compensate for the height of the stack?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts