• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A different "build"

Guantanamo Joe

Folks, as Tropical Storm "Isaac" falls upon the wonderful Carribean rock I live on, I am working on a project for a forum member. The project is a leather cover for an Ipad that is in one of those bulletproof Griffen cases. When complete, it will be pretty nice, and since I cant build cars very well, I thought I would post about the build I do know how to do.

Sorry about the strange looking photos, our normal camera is charging and I already had my Go-Pro sitting here ready to go for the storm. :D

GOPR0262.jpg

this picture is of the cover. So far the pattern is traced into the leather, next it will be cut out and then tooled in.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
DSC_0546.jpg Here it is, all cut out with the swivel knife... hopefully I can get all the tooling and shading done tonight. Our hurricane turned into a nice rain with hardly any rain at all...
That looks just sick! It's going to be awesome!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I thought you might like it, you said skulls and flames- I got them both... ha ha ha
Now when I'm at Starbucks in the morning or at happy hour in the afternoon, I can be on the forum in style!

Guantanamo Joe

MNRampage: My prices are all over the board... a lot of the time they seem to be the exact price of something I am trying to buy... for instance, I needed a dominator, someone else needed a fancy book cover... that will be 169.95 please sir... ha ah ha

Seriously though, it depends on what you are looking for- this will be no ordinary IPAD case.

Guantanamo Joe

Thanks, guys... more to come as I put the thing together... but I am back at work since the "storm" passed so probably nothing new will be done until my next days off.

Guantanamo Joe

Nope... I am excited about this one, so I will be working on it soon. I get tired of making the same stuff over and over again- it is rare that someone comes to me with a new request like this... gets me all motivated and antsy... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.