• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075RC XBE build.

G

It be worth it for me.

Ol' fart

I hear ya. The only play in my front end is from the ball ends. I could take standard cheapo's and set-up a jig to crush the sleeves down and take the play out of them. They cost less than $5

G

Worth a try...

Ol' fart

Found some for $3.11 but they are English threads, 1/4-28. Thru hole is a little big but they could be shimed. The same thing in Metric is almost $9

Right, left, Male, Female, $3.11, worth a try.

G

Yeah, they will always be large. All the guys selling links have to include stand offs and or spacers to get to the correct bolt size.

If you decide to do rod ends you might want to increase the size of the turnbuckle. That is currently the weak link. I've broke turnbuckles on the plastic arms.

Ol' fart

Back to the build

Ok it's just about ready for the power part. All I have to do is get all those parts on the larger upper plate to fit on the stock upper plate. I think the wing support/brace will have to go. ( the larger upper plate is from the rally build, no wing to deal with)

G

Lots of room on that chassis. A pair of 8s packs would fit nice. :D

John Blaze

Wow a 7075rc xbe roller , now that is going to be my next Rc purchase for sure.Ol Fart to us rampage fans you are like an RC God.

phreerider

Ol said:
I hear ya. The only play in my front end is from the ball ends. I could take standard cheapo's and set-up a jig to crush the sleeves down and take the play out of them. They cost less than $5
i have been doing this for last 200 hours or so of runtime and works great, adds extra tight results both plastic and alloy. esp. after about the 100 hour mark repinch and you are back to zero slop.

(on the front)with the tight space at the top of the castor mount point, there are space limits ...alot of great bearing/bush options(like at VBX) if you could add enough room for a miniature bearing, maybe end cap/split set up, maybe snap in set screw....anyway that would totally kill the problem.

i have a plastic rod end with miniature bearings (some kyosho 4mm flanged) that is on the rear upper links, with a little wear in the old bearings the radial plane of movement seems good, definitely better than plastic ! and a step beyond alloy bush for sure, the reheated plastic is a undesirable, but with the room it works

BUT a plastic/alloy rod end with a snap in flange bearing is gonna be worth it! like RCDAD said, definitely worth it

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
Funny you should ask that. Now that the arms are done I am going to sell a "roller" for the XT/XB and the XBE. This build is the prototype for the E. I'll still have a lot of Redcat factory parts so it will take about two weeks to fill an order in the beginning but I hope to have them in stock soon.

A roller means no body/body mounts. No motor, no tires/wheels, no RC, but they will come with a HiTec HS-5765 mounted correctly for the steering setup.

The E will have a SS spur gear and battery box's for the larger battery's.

The gas one will be belt drive and both will have a sleeved drive train and the 24mm wheel adaptors

As far as "how much" I'm not sure yet but it will be a good deal. I will have a price when this build is done.
Yeah, I know what you mean :)

but then again, there's always the question that If someone is going to invest that kind of money on a Roller Redcat(a minimum 1000$ since it's all ALuminum parts, plus let's not forget the amount of time and sweat you're putting into assembling it all together) and after that, the buyer is going to add another 1200-1300$ (decent engine of a 7bhp of 500$, Radio 200$, Lipo Battery50$, Charger 50$, HV servos 200$, Tires 100$, etc...) then why not just get a Roller 5ive-t instead and then drop the extra 1200-1300$ on it?

i mean, pardon me Redcat Community :D , but I'd rather have a 2500$ Rigged out screaming losi 5ive than a redcat

Losi is the King

that's just me tho

G

The 5ive is great on the track. However, it is not the end all to the rest of the platforms. What if you have a 5ive and it's not enough. Some of us just like variety:D There is always room in the market for the 7075RC vehicles. ;)

These are just the large scale land vehicles. I still want more. :eek: LOL

2 Shredders

1 5ive

1 DBXL

1 FG Sportsline

1 XBE Rally

1 Redcat Rally

1 MT

1 Dune Runner

1 XSC VW

1 XB

1 Chimera

Large scale is way of life. :)

Ol' fart

My 2 cents

The people who have done this awhile will have lots of parts laying around and could just put one together with what they already have. Plus I really think my roller is a better car. It's lighter than a Losi and tougher and if you put 2500 bucks in any car I think mine will more than keep up with the gas cars and it will outperform ANY electric car out there.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
The 5ive is great on the track. However, it is not the end all to the rest of the platforms. What if you have a 5ive and it's not enough. Some of us just like variety:D There is always room in the market for the 7075RC vehicles. These are just the large scale land vehicles. I still want more. :eek: LOL
Same here, it's never enough :p (you should post pics of your FG)

I am lost between clone 5b, FG alms and DBXL

and yeah, that XBE might be the toughest Electric car out there, Kudos on the job.

speaking of which, when are you going to update your site with those lower arms? sneaking it on that XBE without us knowing is backstabbing :D :D

G

Silent_chaos said:
Same here, it's never enough :p (you should post pics of your FG) I am lost between clone 5b, FG alms and DBXL

speaking of which, when are you going to update your site with those lower arms? sneaking it on that XBE without us knowing is backstabbing :D :D
My vote would be the DBXL of your possibilities.

Check out the 7075RC area he is getting ready to do the first run.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=13266

Sergio

This things get expensive all of them some more some less at the end I have a good time that is all that matters to me I don't race so it's all good

CFDchimera

Ol' fart will you be making a set of front and rears for the chimera? Just took mine out today and my son crashed into a pole and broke mine. Thanks in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts