• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

5t wheels with mxt on mt\buggy??

badboy2

anyone have this set up??i noticed that with my 29\31 set up ,the engine wants to go more but it cant get there..idk if its the ddm pipe lacking or should i use narrower tires??do the stock buggy wheels\tires have the same width as the rear 5b wheels?

i was running mx knobbys in the rear and badlands on the front all mounted on 5b rear wheels.

what set up will work better??i want more speed too.i might get a headkit for it 1st..the stock engine is a chungyang engine right??

kryptonite

yes the stock motor is a cy. the problem wont be the tires or the pipe, but your simply lacking in displacement. put a few more cc's on it and you wont have any problems pulling the taller rpms

badboy2

ive seen your bashing vids ,what kind of protection u have on your chassis?do u have some kind of brace?

kryptonite

nope. im not a very good fab guy. i have no braces or chassis supports. i do get some un-wanted flex from all my chassis, but im over that and it doesn't effect anything for me. ive only bent the TT chassis that one time and its been fine ever since. i can see how it would be a concern for you on your first few runs. my TT see's no mercy and im not carefull with it. i don't care if it bends or breaks, but that was the only time i had a chassis issue and like i said. i fixed it with a hammer, wich is normally not my style. fabbing up a rear support is a fun/good idea, but just not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts