• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Ice_2k

Thanks man, I'm really hoping these slicks will hold up better to drifting then the tarmac busters did, they're pretty much dead now and they have about 4 hours tops. And no more than 2 hours of the "hooligan" style driving lol :) )

P.S. Any idea if I need to glue the foams to the tires? The foams don't seem to have any holes for the beadlock screws to keep them from turning.

phreerider

punished alot of tire meat on corner ripping! timing, throttle, entry speed...i love it. it just makes you a better pilot.

the glue thing, any rigid fixation in a dynamic environment is doomed, it will tear them apart. no glue.

phreerider

the "notches " are for the backside of the screw. with or without it will assist in stabilizing things, you can add them yourself with hot knife /tip or cut. i would not bother

the ones you see with the screw space is only space , not a big deal.

to replicate, place rim lock over foam , dot with marker then remove material . be sure the sides are matched

Ice_2k

I can't do that, the foams are already cut on the back side (see photo, the outlined cut is only on the back side), there's nothing the screws can go into. View attachment 7870

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446572877.781798.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446572877.781798.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446572877.781798.jpg.c6c9f55ff972d990ad141c21d678d8ff.jpg

phreerider

then its not an issue, the space is provided .

the internal contact surface area of the rim, the inside of the tire are what keep the foam stable. its not a big deal, its a minor production difference, perhaps with low growth foam sets it may have merit if they are super rigid for really hi speed like F1 scale

Ice_2k

Glad you like it :) There are a few more videos on my youtube channel.

Ice_2k

Ok, I tried installing the silencer today and to my surprise the way it attaches to the car is way wrong, there's no way I can get that on. This seems to be a continuation of my original problem with the jetpro, in that the exit of the pipe is WAY taller than it is for other guys with the same pipe (about 1 inch taller) which is obviously now causing the silcener to be horribly misaligned. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it, but it will probably involve cutting and re-welding the bracket.

Ice_2k

Yes, I did, it would be much worse. Plus Dino from Jetpro confirmed that the black side is the exit and the curved chromed side is the one connecting to the pipe.

Phill

talunceford said:
Ok, just an observation, but you did try and flip it around correct? To where the exhaust tip is to the left of the vehicle and the mount is next to the tip of the pipe?
You can't do that or the mounting bracket won't line up.

It's not a problem that I've had with mine.

Ice's pipe is definitely taller than mine.

This is how it should fit.

Silencer_zpsbc8tn4qy.jpg

talunceford

Phill said:
You can't do that or the mounting bracket won't line up.It's not a problem that I've had with mine.

Ice's pipe is definitely taller than mine.

This is how it should fit.

Silencer_zpsbc8tn4qy.jpg
Gotcha. In that case, I got nothin'

designed2survive

Drill a new hole on the mount to correct the height and angle. Trim the mount a little on the top if necessary. Unless you can weld but that's another story regarding the chrome plating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

designed2survive said:
Drill a new hole on the mount to correct the height and angle. Trim the mount a little on the top if necessary. Unless you can weld but that's another story regarding the chrome plating.
You would also have to raise the wing to accommodate the silencer which isn't a hard thing.

I did it to fit a Ghost pipe before I woke up and bought a Jetpro.

Ice have you talked to Dino about the height of your pipe??

I can't see where the extra height is.

It looks the same as mine but obviously isn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.