• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT with the baja j-7 wheels

GoffeeRedCat

bob c. said:
I would like to see a pic of that balancer ...I need to build one myself.
I'll take a picture of it as soon as I get home! But to give an idea on what it looks like heres what I used! I used an old Baja bearing carrier and hub...so the carier spins freely, then I take that assembly to my bench vice and clamp it on....and there you go! Wheel balancer!! Lol

G

Look'n good. They're huge for sure. Keep an eye on the drive train. It's not going to be so happy. LOL

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: XT with the baja j-7 wheels

Bobc...can you please weigh one of those tires for us? When I was looking for a set of tires too replace the heavy MT tires I was going to get these... someone said that they are only slightly lighter than the stock MT ones but just as tall...that makes them much heavier than the stock XT ones....thanks!

Sent from my Shoe-Phone using Tapa-Toe 2

bob c.

oops i misspoke the shipping weight is 4 lbs .. i have no way of weighing them myself..my guess is 2 lbs apeice

krashkrieg

Contributor

bob c. said:
oops i misspoke the shipping weight is 4 lbs .. i have no way of weighing them myself..my guess is 2 lbs apeice
That's seems a little closer to what I remember asking imex about a year ago..they were about a -1/4 pound less each than the MT tires....and a bit taller but also less wide....

krashkrieg

Contributor

I'm not running them, I was looking to replace the MT tires a year ago and wanted lighter ones, but my research found the imex were just about as heavy so I went with hostile nightmares....couldn't find anything that was just as big but lighter.

Knuckles

Ok Bob c, waiting on those pictures, lol. Debating buying them once I see them mounted

G

Did you misplace the cord to upload those pics. LOL That would be my excuse. That's why I now take all pice with the phone. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.