• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xt vs mt

ahtwl08

can anyone tell me the big difference between the rampage xt and mt v3? the biggest difference i see is price and weight. but i keep hearing that the mt is soooooo much better. i don't see it tho. thanks:)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The suspension is beefier. It has a better chassis. Tires are better. It has dual steering servos. It has a larger fuel tank. It utilizes larger bearings. It is just a better built truck.

ahtwl08

im just a weekend cruiser, and im not into racing them, except with friends. ive had an xt before, and im planning to get another, but i was wondering if it was worth the difference to get the mt.

Ildy666

its a hundred dollar difference in price.u will spend over a hundred in correcting all the xt weak points just to run..example:gear plate and bearings,front and rear hubs and bearings,tires and rims,adapters for rims,not including servos because they all need servos.right there is at least $400 to $500 dollars so i would invest in an MT....

rampagemt

It's what you want to get out of it as well. The xt will be quicker as it is lighter. And with the needed hop ups it will be just about as durable as the mt

ahtwl08

so Im already wishing I got the mt over the xt. thankfully my cousin wants to buy the xt. but im still undecided whether or not I want the mt. I know it heavier, of course. and it looks like there are more and better upgrades for it. how well does it jump and handle because of the weight? im not trying to hit 60 ft doubles, but I want something that I can have fun with.

G

It handles very well. Same mid engine design. The heavy huge MT tires actually help it land on all fours. You can always compensate for the extra weight with a good ported engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts