• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT steering servo

jeeper049687

Its time im pretty sure i some water got in the steering servo on my only winter time run, not upset about it, still too cold to run the truck and enjoy it anyway. I already have a fabuta aluminum servo arm, and im tired of the plastic arm deflecting so much im loosing alot of movement its gotten so bad. so an aluminum servo arm is a biggy. im actually not displeased atall with the stock servo "other than the arm acting like a wet noodle", havent had a problem. and if i didn't have the entire chasis packed tight with snow i think it would still be working 100% even after almost a whole year of some hard running. Just some of these servo's are expensive. don't want to make any mistakes here. Just need it to be strong. running a 6V 5100mah hump pack still stock radio and reciever still as well. have hitech throttle servo now, that was an EPAdjustment issue that burned it up. any suggestions on where to buy, what brand and can you make it water resistant atleast. not looking to submerge but i would like it to survive wet grass and some mud puddles for the spring/summer.

Thanks again everyone.

Trip..

Dad I hate to disagree with you, but I HATE that servo! I've had 8 Hitec servos fail from getting wet, and I bought another 805mg and it's weak, even running on 6 cells.

Here's my suggestions.

This is a bad ass servo, but it's standard size and you'll have to make a servo mount for it... But look at the specs! I have one of these in my Clodbuster and it yanks all 4 wheels on carpet like nothing...

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SA1230SG_Digital_Servo_p/savsa1230sg.htm

Or here's a proper 1/4 scale servo, so no mods will need to be done to fit it.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV0236MG_Digital_Servo_p/savsv0236mg.htm

So far I've had excellent luck with Savox wet or dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It's not the best servo. I mentioned it because of its price. A lot of guys have had good luck with them. I remember you saying you had issues with the Hitecs. Whats funny is over on L5F many have the problems you mention with their Savox's. They will only run the HS-5765. I can only speak of what I have used. I have never tried a Savox and have had good luck with the Hitecs. That's what is great about the forum, you get honest experience feedback.

vpalace

Could you run a 5765 on 6v if you plan on upgrading to 7.4v in the future?

G

vpalace said:
Could you run a 5765 on 6v if you plan on upgrading to 7.4v in the future?
Yes you can.

G

Dreggsta said:
steering servo saver, When loose it can create steering play right?

Blitzkrieg

Trip.. said:
Dad I hate to disagree with you, but I HATE that servo! I've had 8 Hitec servos fail from getting wet, and I bought another 805mg and it's weak, even running on 6 cells.Here's my suggestions.

This is a bad ass servo, but it's standard size and you'll have to make a servo mount for it... But look at the specs! I have one of these in my Clodbuster and it yanks all 4 wheels on carpet like nothing...

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SA1230SG_Digital_Servo_p/savsa1230sg.htm

Or here's a proper 1/4 scale servo, so no mods will need to be done to fit it.

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV0236MG_Digital_Servo_p/savsv0236mg.htm

So far I've had excellent luck with Savox wet or dry.
My steering servo took a poop on me already! The Savox servo seems to be the best one for an XT! I would like to change out the stock battery pack also, but don't know which one to get? I would like higher voltage and longer battery life? Charger also.

Can anyone recommend the best battery pack and charger for my XT?

Blitzkrieg

Thanks RCDAD, I just ordered a Savox high TQ servo, killer RC 7.4 battery (hope it fits in the little tray?) and a imax 6 Lipo charger!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts