• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt problems

lumber38

The pull starter didn't look dirty, but I cleaned it anyway. I have a new one now and just put in the new dogbone. Good to go now. Also I looked for loose hardware and I noticed the set screw that locks down the rear center drive shaft was loose. Does anybody know what size it is? Again thanks for the help,I really like the vacuum analogy

powerslave69

making it waterproof

RampageHopUps said:
Be nice guys. We'll get him fixed up.
Remember, this truck isn;t meant to be waterproof. You will have to do some serious mods to make it water-resistant.
This might help. I use Plasti-Dip. There are 2 kinds. Dip and spray. Spray type is less messy. Had this issue with my other RCs'. Saw this product, tried it and it worked. it seemed to cure my RC servos getting wet. Of course never done on it on my Rampage. But a servo is a servo, right? :D

powerslave69

elctric starter

csp1971 said:
Pull starts can suck. My first large scale I had nothing but trouble with it.
There are four screws that will remove the pull start.

Sometimes this plastic piece will break, or just wear:

http://www.advantagehobby.com/product.php?productid=74876

It can be replaced with this:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1466/.f

Check and see what it looks like. I ordered about half a dozen of the plastic ones when I kept having issues. Once I ordered them, I had no more problems.
I wonder if they're planning to make an electric starter for 1/5 scale? :confused: I know there's one available for nitro engines. just push a button and it starts right up.

Deluge

I doubt it. They have a shaft start system, but they seem to have issues as well. An electric start system would add a lot of unnecessary weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts