• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT os hard to push

Motakitty

What I had to do on my xb after I installed the aluminum holders is shim the diff ring gear out just a little bit with some washers I had from a picture hanging kit I had in the closet, it worked but we'll see how long my gears last but the mesh seems good

Dreggsta

mota, you pushed the ring gear out? i need to push my son's in. either that or push the pinion in. it was like that w/the plastic pinion carrier as well. when you push the car it clicks & doesn't move freely. it moves w/each click. so it's like it moves in steps instead of being linear.

Motakitty

Ya I moved the gear that was on the center diff, I believe it's the ring gear. I couldn't move the pinion gear in. the stock plastic holder the gear mesh was fine and I know I put it together right but it's fine now and rolls like it did stock

Dreggsta

yeh, i mean, i don't know what it's called on the parts list but from my mechanical experience, there is a pinion & a ring gear &/or planetary gears like what's in the redcat diffs. anyways, yeh, there is a limit to how much the pinion can be move into the shaft. i haven't messed w/the ring gear or center diff assembly yet so i don't know about that. if i were to shim my ring gear tho, it would push the ring gear further into my pinion, which would be impossible i think seeing that there is no mesh space available now. did that make sense? lol. if not it's my coon ass showing lol. we like to make simple things confusing. hahaha :D

Motakitty

On my xb the ring gear is screwed on the front of the center diff so my mesh was too tight so I put washers behind the ring gear in between the gear and diff. I just used a washer behind each screw and it spaced it just right. I hope that makes sense

Dreggsta

i think i get what you are saying but i don't get what you are saying lol. i'd need a pic. sorry. just my logic says a shim removes space. not adds it. hope i don't sound rude. i kinda just don't follow. i'll takea look at mine & see if i can't figure out what you mean. you know how things can be difficult to understand w/looking at them. :)

Motakitty

I know what you mean it took me a couple days to figure out what to do about it. I cant really take a pic of it right now cause my xb is all put together and it's in a hard spot to take a pic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.