• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT or MT ?

bobvic1217

What is the difference between the XT and the MT Redcat Trucks? Besides 50 dollars? Anybody? I just bought the Rampage XT, and wondered if I should have went 50.00 more for the MT. I see alot more hopup parts for the MT over the XT.

City Divided

Contributor
XT is the best of both Worlds

bobvic1217 said:
What is the difference between the XT and the MT Redcat Trucks? Besides 50 dollars? Anybody? I just bought the Rampage XT, and wondered if I should have went 50.00 more for the MT. I see alot more hopup parts for the MT over the XT.
Bobvic,

The XT is 10 lbs lighter, has a bigger engine and you can essentially have a monster truck with the bigger tires or a buggy with smaller ones. Honestly there are pluses and negatives to both options. I had to do alot of upgrading to my XT but you will have to do the same for the MT. Servos seem to be the biggest problem for both vehicles. I upgraded to the Hitec 5755 servos before the XT arrived. I recently put on the JetPro side pipe and upgraded the filter to the Baja air filter. I think you made a good choice with the XT. Have fun!!

City

IVIayheIVI

I believe the new MT's come with the 30.5cc engine now as well. They are geared lower to pull the extra weight. The MT has dual steering servos to turn those big tires. I upgraded my single steering servo on my XT and it still has steering issues on certain terrain. It's a lot of work on that single servo.

Ground clearance is another significant difference. XT has 4cm, MT has 7cm if my memory is right. The wheels on the XT are the same size as rear wheels off a Baja, so with the addition of some XT to Baja adapters, you can buy some Baja rear wheels and put them on your XT with little to no difference in clearance and handling (aside from the tread on the tires).

There are more after market parts available for the MT mainly because it's an older model.

The one thing that basically sold me on an XT is it's power to weight ratio. Same engine, 10lbs lighter.

bobvic1217

thank you

Thank you very much for the info! I guess in a bout a year there will be good aftermarket parts for the XT like there is now for the MT. Still waiting for the UPS man and my XT.. Can't wait to break it in!

Keith81

The MT comes with a 30cc engines, DUAL steering servos, Steel Gears and I dunno what else..

Either the MT or the XT are cool as hell in my eyes!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts