• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt issues

ACEMOSTWANTED

So, had some issues with the motor not idling, took apart the motor to check the piston, looks alil burnt to me, also re tuned the carb but didn't seem to help, did the tune by what obr said, checked the venting on the gas cap still no luck, reason i took the motor apart was there was a leak coming out of the jug, I'm starting to think the exhast being broke for a few mins of running blew that out. Any ideas on making a gasket or where to get one would be a help.

ACEMOSTWANTED

ACEMOSTWANTED

The ring is fine and there's no scoring on either the piston or jug, but as you can see it looks like it has been burning on both the intake an exhaust sides, i wonder if the smoke less Lucas racing oil hasn't been good for the motor.

ACEMOSTWANTED

Well, after getting the xt back together still having the same issue, won't idle, readjusted the carb back to stock like obr says and still won't idle, checked the fuel lines and filter, all are fine, anyone have any ideas? ?

BertR

I'm sure you adjusted the idle screw rite? If you replaced the head gasket did you do the carb as well...and did you look at the intake manifold to make certain its not warped or cracked or the pups hole is not plugged. Lucas smokeless is shit lol. I ran that when I started this scale and had massive buildup then went to yamalube 2r with no deposit what so ever. Take a look at those areas if you haven't yet and see what you find.

rhino2d

Never posted before but I have found the stock servo leads do not have much solder. I fixed mine by resoldering the motor conections.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online