• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt issues

ACEMOSTWANTED

I'm new to posting things anywhere, thought I would give this a shot.

So I bought a xt back in Feb of this year, first 2 cycle rc I've owned, I can say the motor runs good after small carb adjusts, first issue I had was the brake Cam, it stuck so I used pliers an snapped it(my bad), then the steering servo quit, then the silicone hose on the exhaust cracked an broke, an last but not least the throttle/brake servo quit on fathers day(yay!,not! [emoji17])

So far no engine suspension or driveline issues, well that I didn't catch, I replaced the diff housing with aluminum instead of the plastic working great cept I didn't put lock tight on the gear set screws an they all came loose, caught that before any damage was done.

Looks like the rear housing where the cv shaft goes in is loose so I'm now in the process of tear down.

py7ujepa.jpg a8abaqud.jpg qu6arany.jpg

Oh and currently installing the mt dual servo system as well, I know it doesn't fit but I do like to do a bit of customizing, will keep people posted to the progress when I can, going to make a new roll cage as well coming up soon.

ACEMOSTWANTED

Me again, I also wanted to say that the tire foams are junk like everyone else states, what I used for replacement may sound funny but have worked awesome so far, a foam water noodle for swimming lol, I cut it in half cuz its round and used a tiny piece of tape to hold it while I shoved the tire back on the rim!

ACEMOSTWANTED

This trailer Prolly isn't helping the driveline but its alot of fun, pulled myself down the street an back once so far in testing, about 600 feet total, thinking of a way to stiffen the rear suspension, didn't sag to bad though. Tough truck so far.

BertR

There are more people that use pool noodles than you can imagine... Sounds like you have it all worked out.

ACEMOSTWANTED

Yes I boiled the tires off took an hour for just the rear tires, still haven't changed the front foams, but it steers better in ground, plus I got the dual steering servo on now.

ACEMOSTWANTED

Soon I will be upgrading the stock servo steering, the second stock one I night add, first one went to shit very early at about ten hours of run time, the new one I bought is a high voltage K-power

ACEMOSTWANTED

In two days I'll be ordering the killer bee from killer rc, something I should have done when I bought the truck(oops) but so far it only took off for about three seconds when the throttle servo went lol, and to mention the pic with the pro pipe is a cheap after market one I ordered from hong Kong I believe, that was 29.99 with free shipping, sounds great to! I went ahead and replaced all the bearings in the rear diff case when I found the tear shaft cup set screw loose in the rear. So far been running good the last couple times out, only two tanks through it since the exhast, steering, and rear end work done.

ACEMOSTWANTED

Surprising how much grass i found after taking the motor cover off lol

Nice an clean now

Silent_chaos

ACEMOSTWANTED said:
Surprising how much grass i found after taking the motor cover off lol
Nice an clean now
Use a mesh. The ones they use for windows to protect the house from mosquitos/insects.

A lot of people do it. They call it 'Mesh Mod'. It also helps you protect your flywheel. Because 1 small rock can break your flywheel fins and you damage your whole motor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.