• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xt chassis

iwik76

Liking the new look xt/xb but was wondering what the chassis was made of? I like the skirt it has to protect the inners. Is it one piece or v3 metal chassis with a plastic skirt?

Any info would be appreciated

DemonRC

The chassis is like the old chassis with the sides trimmed off to reduce weight. The plastic skirts bolt onto the chassis with 4x 4mm bolts on each side. Same setup as a 1/8 scale buggy/truggy.One really nice thing about the side skirts is that they are really high up closest to the front wheels. They do a great job keeping mud and dirt from being flung off the front tires and into your interior.You can somewhat see the height of the side guards in the pics.

005.JPG

IMAG0138.jpg

/monthly_2010_08/005.JPG.8c0888c5c2026dbc07513374454dd06c.JPG

/monthly_2010_10/IMAG0138.jpg.3b1a443ab59b71dbf937040f6b5b4e55.jpg

dale_gribble

I saw those bends on the sides of the chassis as necessary to make the chassis more rigid and less prone to bending.

So the chassis is now a flat piece of metal with no bends or bracing to prevent the thing from just bending at will?

iwik76

rob64n said:
There is a brace in the center of the chassis to help strengthen.
Rob64n any chance of a photo of said brace?

Cheers for the pictures demon so it's a flat chassis with a brace and a bolt on skirt? i like it..!! on a seperate note on the 2nd picture you have a piece of tubeing on the throttle servo. simply ask what is that and what size etc?

DemonRC

There we go with some good pics. Also, I'm glad you guys added a brace. I was going to extend the gearplate with a brace toward the steering servo. I ended up spending the money for the prototype work on Christmas for the family. Wife and kid screwed you guys outta that little feature. LMAO.

dale_gribble

So, just an estimate, what would you reckon the parts compatibility percentage is with the current Rampage platform?

It seems that if the new model comes out that parts support for the existing Rampage might get a little more difficult.

DemonRC

Engine mounts, gear plate, clutchbell, gears, layshaft, brake square, brake discs, brake cam, and nuts and bolts are really the only thing you will find in common. The shocks are the same length (don't quote me on that) but are built slightly different. Oh, the radio box looks the same too. You will also find that the car uses smaller bearings all the way around.

dale_gribble

This is for Redcat Racing, how long do you guys plan to sell Rampage MT and Rampage parts for before fully discontinuing the platform?

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
The current Rampage models are not going away as they are still in great demand.

We continue to stock parts for all models even when we discontinue them. We still stock parts for models we discontinued 3 years ago so you don't have to worry about that.

In regards to what percent of the new Rampage models will fit on the current models. I am going to say under 10%. The new models are totally different. Mainly the engines will all work along with electronics and most of the screws but that is about it.

Thanks

Darin

rob64n

Contributor
RedcatRacing said:
The current Rampage models are not going away as they are still in great demand.
We continue to stock parts for all models even when we discontinue them. We still stock parts for models we discontinued 3 years ago so you don't have to worry about that.

In regards to what percent of the new Rampage models will fit on the current models. I am going to say under 10%. The new models are totally different. Mainly the engines will all work along with electronics and most of the screws but that is about it.

Thanks

Darin
You might add to that, differentials, diff cups on f/r diffs only and dog bones, excluding cvds since axles are different.

rob64n

Contributor
DemonRC said:
Engine mounts, gear plate, clutchbell, gears, layshaft, brake square, brake discs, brake cam, and nuts and bolts are really the only thing you will find in common. The shocks are the same length (don't quote me on that) but are built slightly different. Oh, the radio box looks the same too. You will also find that the car uses smaller bearings all the way around.
Front shocks are shorter and the rear shocks are length of rampage fronts.

iwik76

Wow that new XT is looking the nuts.. hmm how to get one to the UK..

As for the brace will it go through the width or the length? also is it a bolt on brace or will it be molded into the Chassis.? if so where about will it be postitioned?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts