• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xsc exhaust

rev9fan1

I agree I just wasn't sure if maybe that one was better but they both seem similar imo

G

rev9fan1 said:
I agree I just wasn't sure if maybe that one was better but they both seem similar imo
It's hard to say. You can pull dyno numbers, but what you experience on the track might be different.

mrharvey75

View attachment 5511 What you see here is a HPI Baja 5B Pigtail on a Redcat XSC. Really simple project took about an hour. Just don't make the mistake I did an buy a Pigtail without the Exhaust Clap, if you do you can pick one up online for about $20.Break Down of Price:HPI Pigtail: $20 on CraigslistExhaust Wire: $2.50 at HobbytownBolt, Nuts, and Washers: $2.25 at ACE HardwareThe only real hard part is bending the Exhaust Wire. I used two pairs of pliers, somone with the right stuff could easlier make it look cleaner than what I did! You will need to cut out the back end of the body I will post pics of that when I get my new body! Let me know what you think!Side Note: Add about 1.5 to 2.0 in horse power

tn.jpg

tn.jpg

/monthly_2012_09/tn.jpg.9c8f87b976e45ba34b5d734d5522f76a.jpg

mrharvey75

One other idea is a Losi 5ive Factory Exahust Can hook it up to the Redcat Pipe using a silcone hose. Keep the factory look with the added hose power of a Losi 5ive.

Just a thought

Harvey

Deluge

mrharvey75 said:
One other idea is a Losi 5ive Factory Exahust Can hook it up to the Redcat Pipe using a silcone hose. Keep the factory look with the added hose power of a Losi 5ive.Just a thought

Harvey
So, are you saying to hook up an exhaust can to an already restrictive pipe? :confused:

G

I don't think so. The one on my MT barely fits under the larger Asguard SC body.

G

Yes. The Proline body is a bit smaller and it even fit under that.

RampageHopUps

It fits under mine. I will give that one to Flowsytem when he makes it if you are using that body.

xscrick

Banned
dominator modhey there,, been working on the xsc,, had to get the shims they didnt include in the diffs,, my car came with diff lube all over inside box, car,,, everything, who says the diffs don't need them,,, way to go redcat,,, but anyways,,, been workin on modding the pipe i got from nutech,,, for the hpi,,,i tried root of cutting the x from shock tower and slide it thru then flip pipe over ,, didnt like it,,so i went step further, cut it up, put tip down,,, goes around the shock ,, just need to finallize length on manifold and cut appropriate length silicone hose for it,,, and make a mount and braze that on for the muffler, fits nicely around shock tower and between stock rear bumper and puts exhaust right on ground behind right rear tire, still work in progress but getting there, included a few pics , hope they turn out,,,,,,,thought i would show progress, got some rustoleum engine enamel in gloss black good for 500 degrees,, will probably spray it with that, but they do have other colors,, bright green ford blue,, chevy orange, etc,,, even flat white, hmmmm

P1010296.jpg

P1010295.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010295.jpg

/monthly_2012_10/P1010296.jpg.fa33ed7b59dabb4d4d08138476c28285.jpg

/monthly_2012_10/P1010295.jpg.f41cfce623532fd1156a0bfce6829ed5.jpg

Rampagenewfie

Just wondering if anyone have ran the ddm side Dom pipe on the mt with the desert rat body or if there is clearance issues as I don't want to have to cut up a lot of the body to clear the pipe. If there is a lot of trimming what pipe will fit under body good with little trimming

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.