• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xsc exhaust

rchobby89

hello everyone I need an exhaust the fits under the xsc body id perfer one that is cheaper the 200 any ideas welcome thanks in advance

G

Cut and add a piece of steel to extend the pipe after the header. It will need to be rewelded.

G

Deluge said:
Not hard to do. You'll want to keep it a two piece pipe, though. One piece pipe + chassis flex = cylinder damage.
Yes, great advice. I cut mine back apart and added a piece of silicon tube after I installed a $500+ OBR engine.

rchobby89

that's fie I have a welder and all that go stuff at the garage so I need to extend the pipe from the header could u show me a pck of what you mean

G

This is the area that needs to be modified.

-

Extended and angled to fit.

7420edf0.jpg

-

Same pipe sectioned with a silicone coupling.

e061d1b1.jpg

G

You can see my welds in the first photo. I ground the chrome off to weld it. The that area is painted with high temp paint to finish it off.

rchobby89

thanls rc dad if I weld the exaust it wont have flex in the secand one did u re-cut it and put the hose there or is it still weldid under the secand pic

G

It is the same pipe. I took a 1/2" back out. Depending on the pipe configuration, you might just be able to extend it with the silicone tube. I also had to cut out the cross supports out of the shock tower to run it through. If you want the exhaust to exit at the bottom you can cut off the end at the weld and rotate it so the stinger points toward the ground.

-

rchobby89

well I just orderd the pipe from ddm it has a small dent but for 50 I'm not complaining will I be able to keep my rear bumper with this pipe or no

G

rchobby89 said:
well I just orderd the pipe from ddm it has a small dent but for 50 I'm not complaining will I be able to keep my rear bumper with this pipe or no
I did the same thing. Picked one up for $40+ from the DDM blem sale. A few scratches and the mount was broken. I cut it at the weld and repositioned the rest of the pipe to clear the XSC bumper. I wanted the exhaust exiting down and out from under the body. It completely fits under the body. I welded on a new bracket and fastened it to the shock tower.

-

51452307.jpg

G

Couple shots with the soon to be painted XSC-G body on.

-

f8d62da5.jpg

-

Under body shot.

63c2c9cb.jpg

rchobby89

that's perfect so what did you do cut the pipe make it longer recanect it between the shock tower and just flip it around can you show me a picture of above without the bodyon thanks

G

I cut it a couple of inches behind the mounting plate. I cut the cross member out of the shock tower to run it through. I also cut the pipe at the weld before the expansion chamber. You can see my bugger weld in the first pic. This was necessary to get the pipe to fit under the body and to point the tip away from the tire.

I'll go snap a top view pic for ya.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.