• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xsc exhaust

rchobby89

I'm pretty sure you can't get it at a auto parts store its pretty much a small radiater hose I dnt trust my welding abality to cut and flip that exaust around I can weld soeta but I dnt trust my self to do that will I be able to use that exhaust if I remove the rear bumper

G

If you just flip it upside down, it sits really high. It would not fit under the body. It would fit in its nomad position if you removed the bumper, but then the stinger points up into the body. My main reason for the modification was to point that tip down to the ground so the exhaust can exit properly.

rchobby89

ya I no what if I put a peice of silocone tube in it and cut a hole in the body for it so the hose is xonnected to the exhaust and the exhaust can exit properly will I lose performance if I do that this will not be perment but untill I can get a better body if I lose performance ill havr someone weld it for me

BertR

I had to put a thick heat shield in the wheel well for my dom because the pipe is to high for the xsc body and had to fab a rear plate to protect the pipe and body%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/BertR144/Ericspics005.jpg[/img]

G

ya I no what if I put a peice of silocone tube in it and cut a hole in the body for it so the hose is xonnected to the exhaust and the exhaust can exit properly will I lose performance if I do that this will not be perment but untill I can get a better body if I lose performance ill havr someone weld it for me
I'm no pipe expert but techniquely the stinger does have an effect on the performance of the pipe. However, I added about 10 inches of tube and a silencer to the Jetpro on my MT and did not notice any performance loss.

Deluge

rchobby89 said:
Yeah, it'll effect performance a little. You don't really have to route the exhaust, though. 5T's use this pipe without any issues. And that body completely covers the pipe. Just get some aluminum tape, tape the inside of the rear portion of the body and you're good to go.

G

I will still be using some aluminum tape on the body. The top of the pipe is only about 3mm under the body. I might as well say it touches. LOL

rev9fan1

yea i don't have 249 dollars to spend to see if it MIGHT fit lol...thats y i was seeing if anyone has tried it.

rev9fan1

Deluge said:
It's pretty slick. Wouldn't be too hard to fit it.
thats what im guessing cause i was looking at a picture of it, if anything the header is gonna be too close to the plastic supports above the fuel tank, but ill just wrap it with header wrap and hope for the best.

G

For that kind of money I'd go with the Flowsystem Racing pipe. It was designed for the X-series trucks.

-

9faa34ff.jpg

G

rev9fan1 said:
so you think that pipe was designed to compete with the bartalone?
Tuned pipes are not designed to compete against each other. They are designed for a perticular or small range of engines then a specific platform.

First most improve performance by either increasing RPMs (top end) or by improving torque. The improved torque is great for the heavier 4WD platforms.

That Flowsystem Racing pipe was designed on a XT with the factory 30.5. I've seen it run. It's one of the best performing pipes for the X series trucks. There are a couple of videos out there of it in action. Doesn't mean others don't give great performance. Just saying you can't go wrong with a pipe designed for your exact platform.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.