• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XSC body on MT

RAMJET

A fella on another site had the Idea ,seeing as I have both trucks I tried it out ,I think it looks pretty cool .what do you guys think, it makes the stock body look like a tinker toy.it's just so imposing with the XSC body and those massive wheels. Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
G

That's why I've never liked the stock MT bodies. There just so small for a 5th scale.

RAMJET

I don't think my XSC is getting it's body back .would be nice if they sold the XSC body in clear.I like doing my own paint.

caveman

How do the holes line up to the posts? I like the look of ths xsc body, and isn't there a way to strip the paint?

G

If you order a new one there will be no holes. You will have to punch some in. If you use a used body the SC holes are not the same as the MT and you will have to add another set.

RAMJET

RCDAD I see the body is for a baja ,I guess you just trim to fit the MT tires.proline make good bodies ,I will have to get me one .

G

They were designed for the Baja but were too small for a good scale look. There are lots of guys on here that run them on MTs & XTs.

Here is an example.

5c1857dc.jpg

9841e7c3.jpg

3d58a8c0.jpg

G

These are all members rides. I think that they were all painted by their owners.

tsudo5th

I was thinking of getting one then spraying Bedliner on outside. You think it would work? Also earlier in this thread it was said the xsc body is stronger than MT body. Is it strong enough to be worth getting?

G

I was thinking of getting one then spraying Bedliner on outside. You think it would work? Also earlier in this thread it was said the xsc body is stronger than MT body. Is it strong enough to be worth getting?
The Redcat XSC body is the same thickness as the MT body, so not any stronger. If you reinforce it you can strengthen it. The earlier comment was referring to the Proline SC body being stronger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts