• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe competition/brushless/high end cars to watch for.

ninjagaiden

killajb said:
I saw the Kyosho Scorpion earlier on another website and somehow thought it was another dinky entry-level 1/10 offering and quickly clicked away. Didn't realize that it was such a large vehicle. Kind of reminds me of an old Sears Lobo by the way it looks, but should be pretty fun to play around with. Looks to be much lighter than a Baja which should bode well for less power requirements to achieve decent acceleration/top speed (unlike the traction-challenged Baja conversions). May have to get one of these..
just what I was thinking. 4s power limit and dual slipper clutch should keep the back end in line. Not sure about the plastic tub in this size vehicle though.

ninjagaiden

My bad! Its the TVPs that are plastic. The more I look at it the more I like it. The wheels are so retro ...

Deluge

I like the direction the R/C makers are going with these buggies. They're starting too look more scale. I have a Kyosho Ultima DB and it looks awesome.

twissted

Banned
I built my Traxxas Revo into a 1/5 scale truck and now have a 1/5 scale buggy that is made frome a revo and a hpi buggy. I have put them on hold as I have started building Brushless boats. My XBE is using SS bearings and factory upgrades with the hubs. I'm running a fightercat 250 amp esc. And running it on 8s. The servo got swaped after the first run out of the box as well as most of the upgrades. as the bearings are junk and when they go it melts everything that bearings touch. I have ran it in the local parade this spring. It was a major hit with the crowed. I melted a new set of tires that day.

DUFFY

Nice, can you share with us what timing you used on that fighter cat? what motor batts brands are you using?

twissted

Banned
This is the 250 amp 8s and it has only run on the stock motor and hardly gets warm. I'm getting a 10 hp motor soom and will keep you posted as to how it holds up.

◎ Timing(motor ignition advance) function value

Hear 5 groups “♪” or “♪♪” or “♪♪♪” or “♪♪♪♪” in the above circulation, put the throttle stick to the

middle position.

Timing mode 1: 5 groups “♪”----2° (recommended for 2 poles and common motors)

Timing mode 2: 5 groups “♪♪”----8° (recommended for 4 poles motors)

Timing mode 3: 5 groups “♪♪♪”----15° (recommended for 8 poles motors)

Timing mode 4: 5 groups “♪♪♪♪”----30° (recommended for more than 10 poles motors and out

runner motors.

I'm using the 8 deg.

Last edited by a moderator:

killajb

Now THERE's some info we can use! Thanks for informing the masses. Would still like to know what magic you've used to make the Fightercat ESC work for you where it simply "poofs" for eveyone else over here.

DUFFY

Cool thx, I was working with Ben at fightercat testing the car esc. I was running 5 and it worked but thats on the stock xbe motor and 6s putting around, no real abuse,but shes still working and alive so far. I took it out and might try it on a flux tcs convo next.

As far as your 1/5 revo build, are you running 4s batts? I'm surprised the erevo diffs held up.

DUFFY

Steering back on track does any one have any experience, observations with ferox rc cars? They should have a dealer in the US soon. They look fancy, i think the body is pretty stupid looking though. I really want to see some pics of AEs 1/5th.

http://www.**************forum.com/vb/sale-section/6429-ferox-fx-4wd-sale.html

Is this a fg rebrand or something? I see fg on the bumber I think.

twissted

Banned
My first rc buggy

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Yokomo is a blast from the past... :) Did you have a YZ-10?
I bought a yokomo new back in 84 I think or 83. It started everything. I had it about a mounth and built custom trailing arms for it. Ive been chopping ever since.

twissted

Banned

I also beefed the slipper system and gears to Robinson gears.

The lower picture also shows the size of thr revo it's bigger than the XBE! Lighter in weight though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts