• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB/XT Aluminum Diff Gear Plate

DustyR3825

Banned
Anyone who has purchased this upgrade just wanting some opinions on if it worth the extra money to purchase one. Also if you could please post pics that would be great. Thanks

foxys

I'll have to get you some pics tomorrow, but I have it, I love it, particularly if you lose the spacers under the fan shroud, which is the reason I have the aluminum one now. :D

DustyR3825

Banned
Look forward to the Pics, If Demon does actually release the BeltDrive I will just buy that but from what I heard it may not release....

G

Look forward to the Pics, If Demon does actually release the BeltDrive I will just buy that but from what I heard it may not release....
WTF please share!

DustyR3825

Banned
Maybe I misunderstood but I was talking with him trying to decide between the 2 speed or Belt drive for my XB. He said that something to do with the belt drive (pulleys ??) were going to cost a lot to manufacture unless produced in mass. I know the two speed is still on though and like I said maybe I misunderstood what he was implying. I have a brain injury that I got in Iraq and have a terrible memory! I hope it is produced....

DemonRC

The one-piece layshaft is needed because we need to extend the stock layshaft to support the pulley. Setscrewing pulleys to a shaft is not viable in the longrun. They setscrewed pulleys are a pain in the ass and constantly need attention. There are two things on the plate for a single speed. First the belt drive. Second would be a gear drive with a torque limiter (slipper). Whatever route we decide would be carefully tested and we will go with the best solution.

DustyR3825

Banned
DemonRC said:
The one-piece layshaft is needed because we need to extend the stock layshaft to support the pulley. Setscrewing pulleys to a shaft is not viable in the longrun. They setscrewed pulleys are a pain in the ass and constantly need attention. There are two things on the plate for a single speed. First the belt drive. Second would be a gear drive with a torque limiter (slipper). Whatever route we decide would be carefully tested and we will go with the best solution.
Thank you for clearing that up for us! I am sure what ever you produce will be of excellent quality and reliability!! Can't wait.....

G

Well I broke down and bought the aluminum Diff Mount. Broke number 4......maybe something Redcat should look at beefing up.......
Were using the plastic xb or mt dif plates. The MTs are a little beefier. Redcat should just use those.

foxys

Don't forget to put that little plastic filler piece on it, unless you run a holey diff cover. Got a rock in there and it bounced around and ate my gears. Should be a kinda triangular piece. I see it's missing from your picture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts