• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB wheel bearings

Spriggan

sounds like your right on the ball with that then. Let us know how you get on.

I've passed a set on to one of the other XB owners in the UK to see what he thinks of them, I will be interesting to see how other people find them.

Cajun

Spriggan said:
Does the Redcat have spacers between the bearing inside the hubs? The Mavrick version doesn't have any, and I found that when the wheel nuts were done up tight the bearings were being crushed together which was causing them to wear out quickly.To get over that problem I made some alloy spacers. these seem to have helped no end, the bearing are lasting much longer.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/burgesskab/Vader%20XB/DSCF1030-1.jpg[/img]
Do you have the dimesions for the width of that spacer, maybe can order something in that size

Spriggan

Haven't got my vernier at hand, but I think the bore wants to be about 10.1mm to slide easily onto the shaft. then the rear spacer is something like 3.2mm wide and the front is something like 4.15 wide. the outer dimension isn't important as there is plenty of room inside the hubs, so anything like 12-13mm tube is fine.

Have a word with 'Ol Fart', and see if he can knock you out a set if you havnt got the gear to do it. They do need to be very accurate!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts