• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E to XT-E

XBENOOB

John H said:
Nice, but then you should rename it XT-E "DISCO" :D
lol.... Yeah it's true that I suffer from some "Saturday Night Fever" and in these trying times... I'm (wait for it...) "Staying Alive" .... I do think that this is more of a Brute Force (or maybe a Blind Mellon") :D

Seriously.... Not a disco kid... more Rock / Metal kind of old fart...

Postman delivered the Baja light pods today... but it's raining today ...

I will post video once it dries up running it at night....

XBENOOB

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Yeah, I'd like to see the lights.
Ok.. I tried to video it at night outside... lots of blackness and just lights..

So I took a video of it indoors before I left to do a speed run with the police using a radar gun...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ANb6ev_RtU[/ame]

Oh... and by the way...

The police said it got up to 105 km / h or 65.24 mph .... but I didn't video it so it's not official... Had to stop because I stripped the servo arm again when it when flying over the curb...

The police officer wants me to send him an email once I get it fixed (which it is again) so we can record it... I think I can get it to go faster..

XBENOOB

Update:

Killed the Castle 1515 (2200kv) Motor....

Sent in the Castle 1515 and the Mamba Monster ESC to Castle....

Also sent in the Mamba XL ESC (Recall Notice to send it back in to Castle)

Had a spare Castle 1515 Motor and installed it...

Now the HobbyWing ESC has died and I have no spare ESC..

Also think I have to rebuild the Front and Rear Diffs.... Bearings are coming out... lol

Postman Delivered my Leopard 5692 (with the 8mm shaft)

Waiting for my Motor Mount, Spurs and Pinion gears from O'Fart...

Waiting for Castle to return my Mamba XL ESC, 1515 Motor and Mamba Monster ESC...

Dam this thing is fun... Expensive.... But fun...

XBENOOB

Update:

Front diff inner bearing completely gone... All that was left was the inner and outer rings... Caused the diff gear (07148) to wander and gouge out a large amount of plastic... The inner diff is fine... the outer diff case is shot.. Wore a hole in it.. Had a spare diff case so it can be rebuilt easily...

Front and Rear center dog bones are starting to lose the pins... They are pressed in...

Anyone know of a better dog bone set to replace these?...

Rear diff is fine... no problems..

I guess the front diff took a few too many shots to the head.... lol

Got the tracking number from Ol'Fart for my motor mount and gears... :D

I have confirmation that Castle has received my Mamba XL...

Just waiting to hear from them... :(

Ordered a replacement HobbyWing ESC so I can get back to running while I wait on Castle Creations..

It seems like a hit and miss with the Castle ESC's.... They seem to have a 40% failure rate... That seems a bit high....

Anyone know of a better ESC that can handle up to 10s?

XBENOOB

7075RC Motor Mount and Gears arrived!!!!Received the package from Ol'Fart... Motor Mount, Support Brace, Spur gears, Pinion gears, wheel adapters... Okay.... It was last week that it arrived... But just decided to update this... Looks very nice... Package came with a nice herbal medicinal smell to it... ;)Took about an hour to install everything... Then I got really hungry..:DSeriously... Nice work on the motor mount... The Leopard 5692 just fits in...Set it up with a 48T Spur gear (that is the max you can put in... very nice fit) and a 10T pinion gear... Still very fast (about 55mph) but run temps are nice and cool... Max motor temp after several speed runs was 119 degrees....Max ESC temp .... did not even get warm by moving the ESC away from the motor, the temps are no longer an issue with the ESC.. Had to buy a new HobbyWing 150amp EzRUN ESC... Still waiting for Castle Creations to return the Mamba's (the XL and the Max)Only had to move the Radio Receiver box, but it fit no problem used existing holes.... Did not have to drill one hole for the new motor mount to fit... Only had to cut the ESC tray to allow the drive shaft to fit.Added more aluminum.... Picked up the Front and Rear side links in gun metal...Attached a few pictures to show how it looks.... and a picture of my battery charger and batteries...

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/IMG_0172.jpg.7d67bc806f65eecf10c7c2125d341732.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/IMG_0175.jpg.bcbaabced2f08a4f5c9b4cd398b74897.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/IMG_0176.jpg.a7086d7230f4468ac1d153c2d3041538.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/IMG_0178.jpg.9be36218efe2f58e6d20d43a91ce2028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online