• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xb Build

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
I'll measure my chassis when I get home. Although, this number will vary according to tire size. When I said level, I just meant the Dogbone and CVD should be parallel to the ground. They obviously don't stay parallel as the suspension moves.
Sorry for the repetitive questions:

the Dogbones are fine

but How do i measure the CVDs being parallel?

is it by Pressing the car Downwards and then releasing to see at which level the suspension Auto-bounces back at? because you see if I move the car upwards or downwards in position, the susp is moving with it and just staying at the same position in which I last left the car at.. which is making me not able to know if they are leveled

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They should be as close to horizontal as possible with the vehicle just resting.

G

My chassis is a between 2 and 2 1/4 inches off the ground running a 5b wheel and tire combo.

G

This is what you want to avoid. Steep shaft angles is hard on the drive train.

Silent_chaos

Thanks a lot for the input.

I guess I should put limiting cables as well.

where do the cables hold onto? same place of the bolt of the sway bar plastic?

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
Thanks a lot for the input.I guess I should put limiting cables as well.

Chaos look at my xb gas build post see if this helps you any! I posted all that I found last nite and nobody has even looked at it yet

G

Silent_chaos said:
Thanks a lot for the input.I guess I should put limiting cables as well.

I just used an empty hole on the shock tower and drilled a new hole next to the sway bar mount on the lower control arm.

Silent_chaos

Well, I found out this little screw on the suspension was the reason why the car was standing high. Fixed that up! Car is all Leveled now!Next and Final Stop: 7075RC Lower Suspension Arms! *waits desperately for Ol'fart

20140218_192800_resized.jpg

20140218_193033_resized.jpg

20140218_192800_resized.jpg

20140218_193033_resized.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/20140218_192800_resized.jpg.9e32d5f8f3b083669ee6f052efd6164e.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/20140218_193033_resized.jpg.fcba3406e4c98eebee486434bebfacef.jpg

G

Yep droop stop screw.

If there is a good amount of pressure from the springs and the screw is holding back the arm, the suspension arms will eventually warp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.