• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X-Bug

G

I hope you are bringing this to Dunetoberfest?? Permit is in hand now.
I've already been trying to get the wife on board with the idea. I still got a good 6 months of convincing. LOL

G

I mounted the front and rear body post and hung the body. I still need to install a set of side posts. Now that I know exactly where the body will sit, I was able to finishing trimming it up. I reshaped all four wheel well openings and shortened up the hood. I think it looks a little better. It can be a little difficult to get the larger Baja bodies to look right on the shorter wheel based Redcats. I cut of the sides of the bumper for a narrower look. I'll most likely get some light pods for it.

-

G

rampagemt said:
It's starting to look even better. Would like some vids when you get that beast in the sand
I gotta find some. LOL It will tear the crap out of a lawn. :eek:

I am going to pull the S900S out and replace it with a 5765. It doesn't want to turn with paddles on the front. :confused:

G

I was out breaking in the RCMK. I shut it down for awhile went to restart it and broke the pull starter. I'm a huge fan of the TR racing starters, but I though I'd give a Killer RC power starter a try. I swapped covers to an aluminum version. I I thought it might be cool to start it with out taking the body off. I will have to extend the drill unit to reach the motor from outside the body.

-

q

Chief409

I love my Power Start. The 990 on my Prostock is as bad as a nitro for cold starts. Having the Power Start makes life MUCH BETTER! To extend the Power Start, one mod I've heard of drilling and tapping a nut driver that fits on the drill end of the power start and use a grub screw to hook them together.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Chief409 said:
To extend the Power Start, one mod I've heard of drilling and tapping a nut driver that fits on the drill end of the power start and use a grub screw to hook them together.
I'm going to do something similar. Either a 5/16 or 8mm driver fits it. I'm going to weld it together. I don't want a wobble in it.

G

Time for some lights.

I like lights. Just something more to play with. :)

For the front, the RPM light mounts work great on the bumper. I mounted them between the bumper and the brace. One on each side to hold 4 light pods.

-

G

For the rear I used a 5t led mound just shoe goo'd to an RPM bumper designed for the 5b. I modded the bumper to fit the rear of the cat.

-

G

The lights are controlled by my 4th channel with a Killer RC light controller.

-

This pic was taken with low beams when on the bright setting the pic would not turn out. The lights blinded the camera.

-

Rear

G

Been doing the break-in on the grass. I've been on the hunt for some local sand or even soft dirt to play in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts