• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X-Bug

G

This is where I will be posting the pics on the Bug I am going to build. I am going to use the X-series platform, my XSC. I have started ordering some parts, and some I already have. I ordered a couple bodies. One I believe is the Proline (used) and the other is a KM. I have a RCMK waiting for a home.

I mounted up some tires today. LOL It's a start right? They are the RC4WD Sandstorms on the new Silverback 5imians. Used the Skunkworks beadlocks.

-

C6513533-BF50-4C88-82A3-740E741B3BEE-2229-000003C96163CE5B_zpsccd3f096.jpg

G

Drivetrain killers for sure. :D

G

I had some time today for some RC wrenching. Some of which I devoted to the X-Bug. I removed the factory electronics and engine.

-

G

I installed a 5645 for steering and my pulled out steering servo from the 5ive. It fit really well. I plan to power them on a lipo. I know the Losi servo can handle it, we'll see about the 5645.

-

G

Here is the RCMK installed with a side mount pipe deigned for the Baja. I sectioned it and added a coupler. I don't like solid pipes attached to the head.

-

G

Since this pipe is not meant for the Redcats I had to make a front mount for it. I just used a couple of extra rod ends and a turnbuckle. Again these are all just take offs and leftovers from other projects.

-

G

I was able to do the first heat cycle before it got dark. This motor/ pipe combo is loud. I can't wait to run it.

G

rampagemt said:
That's looking really good. You get the body in yet?
I should have it in the next couple days.

G

Tracking for both the clear and painted bodies say Tomorrow, but we'll see.

I'm not sure on the bumpers yet. The rear will most likely go for sure. As for the front, I need to get the body fitted before I can make a decision on what to use.

rampagemt

Re: X-Bug

Will be a great build for sure. Are the xsc still sold or just old stock as I might get one soon

G

We will see. That one does doesn't have much run time. I should also say that is not the X-series plate. That is the MT / TT V2 plastic plate. It uses the larger bearings. It is very beefy compared to the plate that came on the XSC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts