• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Why wont my carb prime ?

Keith81

Ok so it did have a manifold on it but the one from the new carb is larger so I installed if with new gaskets and the what not, if started with no choke on and full throttle, ran for about 20 seconds and shut off, it was late so I just left it alone, gonna head over to try it again in a little while, hopefully it works and I just have to play with the tuning a little... If not I'm just gonna order a new engine!!! And then get this one repaired or sell it for a quick $125

Keith81

Well I played with the carbs tune a little and got it to run for a couple minutes, it even had throttle response, upon full throttle it wanted to die out and wouldnt move, I'm so clueless with thus thing, is it possible I did something to the piston ring and that's why it won't run/run right? I'm about to order the new engine as I've had enough, I'm just gonna sell the other engine or get it repaired/running then sell it.... UGH!!!! What a pain! I might do the same with the MT.... Talk about a growing pain... I'm trying to save some money not pour more out...

Keith81

Well I ended my problem with the 26cc engine...

I ordered a brand new 29cc engine for $155 to my door...

I'm happy, I just hope it gets here quick!!!

:)

Deluge

Is this the engine you blew the head gasket on? If it is, it's definitely a possibility that the piston/ring/cylinder could've been damaged by ingesting dirt. Good luck with the new engine. If it mounts on a Baja/Baja clone, it'll mount on the Rampage. Let us know how it goes.

Keith81

Yes this was the engine that blew a head gasket!

Yeah it was listed as a mount up to the baja and the clones, so I knew it'd fit on the rampage... I'll let ya'll know how it is once I get it, Should be a lil better then the 26cc...

:)

Finally an end to my problems!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.