• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Why wont my carb prime ?

Keith81

Deluge, I love you man! Lol

I have the fuel line with the fuel filter hooked to the top white piece under the primer bubble, is that correct?

Thank you so much for the help!

Keith81

Deluge said:
No. The line with the filter goes to the bottom fitting. The return line goes to the white piece.Not a problem.
Ahh!!!!

NO wonder its putting air in the tank, I'm heading over to my work area now to check it out.

Thank you again, will report back soon!

Keith81

Switched the fuel lines, noticed the line with the filter touches the bottom of the tank, the other is up about half way in the tank, is that ok? I did fill the tank to submerge the lines. Hopefully my local shop has that carb in stock so I can be back running again today.

Deluge

Yep. The filter is supposed to be at the bottom. The return line just needs to be in the tank. I have mine pushed in about a 1/2 inch.

Keith81

Ok cool, I now have that setup correct, just gotta wait til 9am for the local small engine shop to open, if they don't have the wt-668 in stock what other carb would be a decent selection?

Once again thanks so much for all your help your really teaching me alot of stuff I need to know about these engines and trucks! It is very much appreciated!

Keith81

Well me local shop doesn't have it in stock but can have it by friday for me if I order it today. The WT-668 that is... Gonna do a couple price checks and see what my best option is, Really don't care now since I have to wait a couple days anyways, I guess in the mean time I can replace the base gasket on my MT and get that one back in business....

:)

Keith81

Thanks deluge, I'm gonna order it today from DDM, do you suggest any other parts to order with the carb?

Thanks

Deluge

How are your intake gaskets? If they're new, you're all set. I'm not sure if they include the throttle arm with the carb. If they don't, you can use the one from the old carb.

Keith81

I'm not sure how the intake gaskets look, I haven't took the carb off yet but I'm gonna assume I'll need new ones. Are those available through DDM as well?

Deluge

Yes. You bought some gasket sets recently, right? If you did, you already have intake gaskets.

IMA_MudSlut

deluge the man!

Keith81 said:
Yes I bought three of those gasket sets.
Keith, I've been following your posts here and I must say, in all the months I've been reading posts here in this forum I never ran across anyone who was having so much trouble with their rides as you. I feel for you brotha, hang in there. I got to thank you though coz' bcoz' of your issue with the fuel line connection I was able to solve mine. I had my lines connected the wrong way too. Deluge the man. After I read his instruction on how to connect them, I switched those lines, ran it and MAN, it was running like a raped ape. If my carb could talk I bet it would have said something like "it's about time dumbass!! now we can play!!" :D hehehe Deluge I also bought the high temp RTV like you said, installed the tuned pipe and with the correct fuel line connections, ran my MT yesterday and it was screamin'!! :eek: it's like poetry in motion. Deluge should start charging for this tips and advise!! :D

Keith81

IMA_MudSlut said:
Keith, I've been following your posts here and I must say, in all the months I've been reading posts here in this forum I never ran across anyone who was having so much trouble with their rides as you. I feel for you brotha, hang in there. I got to thank you though coz' bcoz' of your issue with the fuel line connection I was able to solve mine. I had my lines connected the wrong way too. Deluge the man. After I read his instruction on how to connect them, I switched those lines, ran it and MAN, it was running like a raped ape. If my carb could talk I bet it would have said something like "it's about time dumbass!! now we can play!!" :D hehehe Deluge I also bought the high temp RTV like you said, installed the tuned pipe and with the correct fuel line connections, ran my MT yesterday and it was screamin'!! :eek: it's like poetry in motion. Deluge should start charging for this tips and advise!! :D
Yeah well ya know if it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any... At least with the help here I can fix all this stuff myself! :)

powerslave69

cool!

Keith81 said:
Yeah well ya know if it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any... At least with the help here I can fix all this stuff myself! :)
I hear ya. been there myself and starting to get the hang of it. I said it before and I'll say it again, NITROS SUX!!!! :D

"HAVE YOU RUN OVER A NITRO CAR TODAY?" :D

Keith81

Ordered the wt-668 the other day, should be here maybe saturday if I'm lucky if not monday at the latest!

gotta get these beasts running!

Keith81

Got my new carb today, DDM is quick! :)

Just gotta install it now and hope for the best!

:p

Keith81

OK, so here's the deal...

Replaced the carb with the new WT-668 I got from DDM, install of course was simple, easy, and took a whole ten minutes... Prime the bubble and what do ya know, I got fuel finally! (yay) so I continue to the next step, I turn the choke on and pull it, starts right up then stalls out so I turn the choke off and pull again, yes it starts right up every time but won't stay running for more then 10-15 seconds. Re-tuned the carb and tried again. Same thing starts and stalls right out. What's the deal with this thing? I'm about fed up and I'm just gonna throw it on eBay, I think I'm even going to leave the DDM side pipe on it, way to frustrating for me, I'm willing go try a couple more things and if it don't work I'm done with this XT... Please help me out, I'm stressing big time!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.