• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheels and Servos

City Divided

Contributor
Hey Guys,

I have been going through Hitec 5755 servos on my XT pretty much on a monthly basis. Question #1 - Can I put XB wheels/tires on my XT to lighten up the front end of my XT? Question #2 - Can anyone recommend a more powerful steering servo? Question #3 - Has anyone been successful in creating a dual steering servo system for the XT? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

City

Deluge

If you're burning up servos that often, something else is wrong. Either the servo saver is too tight, your EPA isn't adjusted correctly, or you have a binding issue.

City Divided

Contributor
Servo Saver/EPA/Binding

Deluge said:
If you're burning up servos that often, something else is wrong. Either the servo saver is too tight, your EPA isn't adjusted correctly, or you have a binding issue.
The servo saver is adjusted correctly, tight but still allows some flex. My EPA are also on point and there are no issues with binding.

City Divided

Contributor
Servos Burn out while driving truck

csp1971 said:
Are they burning out when you run the rc?
Yeah, they burn out while driving normal....not even while bashing and jumping. I thought Hitec was suppose to be the best brand....I have spent close to $500 bucks in servos for the XT.....I think it is time to find a new servo brand.

City Divided

Contributor
Battery

racetruck said:
what battery are you using !!! go to the 5000mah i run the MT with the stock tires without any problems :D
I already use a 5000mah battery. I don't think the battery has anything to do with it.

csp1971

Contributor
City Divided said:
I already use a 5000mah battery. I don't think the battery has anything to do with it.
Which radio/receiver? Are you using an on/off switch? You aren't using anything larger than a 6 volt pack right?

I know none of these questions should matter.....the only other thing would be that the linkage is binding or the epa but you said those aren't an issue.

Ruffy

I can say this. Its not the servos fault at all. Something else is really wrong. I would recheck your on/off switch and voltage of battery. I'm 100% sure its not the servos!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts