• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel hexes, I couldn't be more confused.

mulepic

I'm pretty sure the dune runner runs 22mm hex, right? Nonetheless, the only wheels for it are redcat ones. So I got the 24mm hexes from RC Pit Stop: http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html b/c I thought all the HPI 1/5 run 24mm hex and I could start using those wheels. But when I look up the wheels in tower they say 23mm: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXBU0&P=M

I think the 5ive runs 24mm as well, but at this point I'm not sure about that either.

So please set me straight. Who runs what and where do you get the right wheels from?

G

The hpi and clones are 24mm hex. All the wheels for those vehicles are what most people are running on the cats.

mulepic

So why does the tower link above say 23mm? I'd like to run those b/c it add .1" more offset and those tires look cool (perfect reason to get tires I know).

G

The add even shows the 24mm adapters as a recomended buy.

mulepic

So those will work? Would it be cool if I ran the rears on the front as well? Or is it better to just stick w/ the fronts for the front?

Deluge

They'll work. Guaranteed. You can run rears at all four corners. You'd get better traction, as well.

mulepic

Thanks, I'm considering these as well as a set of 5ive-T stock wheel/tire combo b/c I read the 5ive's have good tread life and they are a little smaller i.e. a little lower gearing.

You guys have any opinion on the tread life of the prolines?

G

The prolines are pretty good. The Hostiles are better and will last twice as long. However, they are heavier. The tires for the 5t and 5sc are taller than the 5b versions. The fronts for both are the same width. The rears for the 5b are wide than the 5t

Deluge

Depends on what surfaces you're going to be running on. If you keep it on pavement, they'll wear faster. They do a lot better on dirt. If you want excellent tread life, the Hostiles are great.

G

That's the link to the whole kaboodle!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts