• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel Bearings 19*10*5

Ol' fart

Thanks, It's good to hear from you guy's that you like my stuff. New sh$t is coming but my regular job is taking all my time now.....no time to play :(

alfred e numan

% of moly in grease

I use Honda pro moly 60 -its spendy- 60% moly, lubraplate for example is 10% if your lucky- other brands the % goes even lower. do not use this on plastic- it will eat the parts alive, try it on non sealed bearings- I apply this grease with a small stiff art brush, a thin film on the transmission gears- pinon- ring gears, extreme film strength and stays where you put it. on a full size truck this grease will more than double the life of king pins- u joints- high load parts- if i could figure a way to get this grease into sealed bearings-a doctors hypo needle? You are correct about the hardness of ss verses cromemoly, on a .22 rifle a ss barrel is broke in in about 25 shots- cromemoly requires hundreds of shots-- just as an example--- have a good day- D Baird.

46u

alfred e numan said:
f i could figure a way to get this grease into sealed bearings-a doctors hypo needle? QUOTE]Most times you can pop the seal out and reinstall it.

ImminentFailure

What's better for drive line bearings in the stock size, rubber or steel shield? Avid has both, says rubber has more friction but better dirt protection. Steel less friction, bigger chance of dirt intrusion.

I'm been running the 7075 hubs for a while now, but i'm looking to buy backups for the gear box assembly, which unfortunately uses stock size.

DemonRC

ImminentFailure said:
What's better for drive line bearings in the stock size, rubber or steel shield? Avid has both, says rubber has more friction but better dirt protection. Steel less friction, bigger chance of dirt intrusion. I'm been running the 7075 hubs for a while now, but i'm looking to buy backups for the gear box assembly, which unfortunately uses stock size.
Defintely go with rubber for the wheel bearings. They get dirty quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts