• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel Bearings 19*10*5

DustyR3825

Banned
Has anyone had any problems with there wheel bearings? Mine went bad after two tanks on my rear end. If so what are a good replacement bearing? I don't know if it is just a redcat thing but the manual states the size is 19*10*5. I assume it is the same as a 10*19*5??? Or am I assuming wrong? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapped

DustyR3825 said:
Has anyone had any problems with there wheel bearings? Mine went bad after two tanks on my left rear tire. If so what are a good replacement bearing? I don't know if it is just a redcat thing but the manual states the size is 19*10*5. I assume it is the same as a 10*19*5??? Or am I assuming wrong? Thanks
I have just replaced mine with stainless steel sealed bearings from VBX Bearings via Amazon. 19mm is the O.D,10mm is the I.D and 5mm is the depth. I am hoping the stainless steel one are better,should be because stainless steel should be harder.

forist

Contributor
Zapped said:
I have just replaced mine with stainless steel sealed bearings from VBX Bearings via Amazon. 19mm is the O.D,10mm is the I.D and 5mm is the depth. I am hoping the stainless steel one are better,should be because stainless steel should be harder.
Could you post a link to them plz......Thx

DustyR3825

Banned
I was excited today when I got my bearings in the mail ran through a couple tanks of fuel with the new JetPro Pipe. The power gain was crazy. Got done for the evening and Guess what......****in Left front wheel bearings shot. This is getting old. Guess I had better order a hundred of them so I always have some on hand.....

foxys

The three things I don't like about RTRs, Servos, Tires, and Bearings. I usually replace all the bearings with Avids, they haven't let me down yet.

Ascer

Contributor
Is therean advantage to using the over sized bearings?

IMA_MudSlut

amazon.com link?

Zapped said:
Zapped, do you have the amazon.com link for this bearing you bought? What Rampage model do you have? I just anticipate that whatever problem other members have, I can safely assume there's a possibility it will happen to me too. In this case, I can buy the parts now and just let it sit in my shop till' I need it. I live out in the boonies which means shipping ordered parts takes forever. Doesn't hurt to stock up on parts now. Would this bearing work on my MT? Thanks!

Zapped

Deluge said:
The wheel bearings on the MT are 24x12x6. You won't have an issue with them.
Deluge is right,you won't have an issue with the bearings on the MT. The 19x10x5 bearings I ordered were for my XB and I just installed new sealed bearings on my MT only because I changed the wheel bearing holders to aluminum,I have found that the stock plastic ones wear quickly and the wheels get sloppy.I got those bearings from amazon too. Just type in the bearing size eg.24x12x6 bearing and it should come up.I got 10 for $29.99.

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
You can buy new front bearing holders with oversize bearings at my store, 7075rc. They hold 22x10x7 bearings.
^^^These are what ya want. No more messing with those tiny bearings. The oversized bearings have almost twice the "load" capacity of the stock ones.

Zapped

Obeast44 said:
^^^These are what ya want. No more messing with those tiny bearings. The oversized bearings have almost twice the "load" capacity of the stock ones.
OB,It sounds like he has an MT.(Mudslut)

DemonRC

I have the front knuckles from 7075RC with the 22mm bearings and they are holding up really well. My rear knuckles should be here this week. That's a good thing cause I've blown 3 rear knuckle bearings lately. Also, the plastic rear knuckle bearing slots have stretched out and the bearings wobble around. I'm also running the Ramtech adapters to run HPI wheels. They are extended so they put extra load on the inner bearing. Upgraded bearings are a must. The reason I never swapped the knuckles, axles, and arms from my TT to my XB is that you don't get much more durability by moving to the 24mm bearings. Here's some radial load ratings on the bearings.

10x19x5 = 385 lbs

10x22x6 = 605 lbs

12x24x6 = 648 lbs

So you can see why 22mm's are the way to go.

DemonRC

I have the front knuckles from 7075RC with the 22mm bearings and they are holding up really well. My rear knuckles should be here this week. That's a good thing cause I've blown 3 rear knuckle bearings lately. Also, the plastic rear knuckle bearing slots have stretched out and the bearings wobble around. I'm also running the Ramtech adapters to run HPI wheels. They are extended so they put extra load on the inner bearing. Upgraded bearings are a must. The reason I never swapped the knuckles, axles, and arms from my TT to my XB is that you don't get much more durability by moving to the 24mm bearings. Here's some radial load ratings on the bearings.

10x19x5 = 385 lbs

10x22x6 = 605 lbs

12x24x6 = 648 lbs

So you can see why 22mm's are the way to go. The reason the 22 and 24's are close in rating is because the ball size and races are almost identical. The 19mm balls are tiny in comparison.

Zapped

DemonRC said:
10x19x5 = 385 lbs

10x22x6 = 605 lbs

12x24x6 = 648 lbs

So you can see why 22mm's are the way to go. The reason the 22 and 24's are close in rating is because the ball size and races are almost identical. The 19mm balls are tiny in comparison.
Good Info.Demon

Dirtconvert

If you buy replacement stock bearing sizes do not get stainless steel. The stainless is not as durable or hard as chromoly. The best part is the chromoly ones are cheaper! I use boeing T9 teflon for all my lubricating. Works great and makes a waxy film that is water repellant and does not attract dust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts