• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wheel and tire upgrade

Stygian

Banned
I just bought and put on the hpi adapters on my rampage xb (blue body) and now looking for some wheels and tires and was just curious on what others have used or recommend.

Ildy666

What purpose tire r u lookinf 4?street?dirt bashing? Racetrack?I use imex k rocks not a bad all purpose tire.u can get 2-tires/foams mounted on ur choice beadlock rim & beadlocks for$50 a set of two.but if u want more aggressive tire then hostile nitemares r good.but its more$$$$$$.alot use proline also....hope that helps....

Stygian

Banned
Ildy666 said:
What purpose tire r u lookinf 4?street?dirt bashing? Racetrack?I use imex k rocks not a bad all purpose tire.u can get 2-tires/foams mounted on ur choice beadlock rim & beadlocks for$50 a set of two.but if u want more aggressive tire then hostile nitemares r good.but its more$$$$$$.alot use proline also....hope that helps....
You have a link for the ones you say you use for $50, basically I want some that are going to be good for multi purpose I live in the desert.

G

I could not find the Imex special.

I like the Bowtie. It a good fit for the XB. I run fronts.

-

G

Found them online over seas. Got kina spendy as I had to buy two full sets to get 4 fronts.

rookie101

Stygian said:
after spending all day shopping around off and on while at work, I think I will go with thesehttp://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1459_358/products_id/37014/n/Pro-Line-Bow-Tie-Pre-Assembled-Front-Tires-w-Desperado-Wheel-2

they look nice and the price isn't bad for 2 sets
Those are great wheels and tires, I have them on my XB-E, but don't make the mistake I made and get all fronts. As I found out after the fact the rears are the same height, just a bit wider. After I had all fronts mounted I found out that they were the same height and had to buy the rears on top of the four fronts I already had. I just find the look is much better with the wider tires in the rear.

Rookie101:

Calgary Crawlers and Crawler Teds Garage

Stygian

Banned
rookie101 said:
Those are great wheels and tires, I have them on my XB-E, but don't make the mistake I made and get all fronts. As I found out after the fact the rears are the same height, just a bit wider. After I had all fronts mounted I found out that they were the same height and had to buy the rears on top of the four fronts I already had. I just find the look is much better with the wider tires in the rear. Rookie101:

Thanks for the advice, but I personally don't like off matching sized tires and didn't want the wider ones in the front so I went with all 4 front

rookie101

Yeah it's simply personal preference, I just prefer the look of the wider (although same height) tires on the back of the buggies. MT or SCT I like all four the same.

Rookie101:

Stygian

Banned
This is very true, Im hoping to be able to unload my second XB so I can get more hop ups and what not for my main XB I would love to pick up this engine http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines/prostock-ported-full-mod-long-blocks/1718-7-5hp-full-mod-zenoah-27-2cc-3mm-long-rod-4-bolt-long-block.html

as the stock engine is being dumb and will not fire up not too sure what's wrong with it not sure if I want to spend the money to ship it to redcat so they can see if they can fix it for them to turn around and say it's not covered under warranty (which would be my luck lol).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.